Chubb rub and combats.

I've been afflicted by chubb rub now for a few exercise seasons and after trying a few things to prevent it I am wondering if anyone has any surefire methods? Have done the vasoline thing, and have tried cotton undies that go down to the mid thigh, and am currently on lycra shorts. Which seem to be good for short times but not 24/7.

Any ideas?

the only thing that worked for me - in the war against ring-piece rub - was going commando. no underwear underneath CS95 trousers, no rubs - even when wet and sweaty.

it gets my vote, good luck

'Sudafed' Cream - nappy rash stuff, seriously, it works bl00dy wonders that stuff..............

This is an affliction that can carry on into Civvy strasse, and in my game is called "shopfitters ring"

Sudacream mate.... liberally applied.

or vaseline if not available

i never leave home for a job without it :D

Ferk, that could have been interesting - I actually came back to edit my post and saw your's complete with correct spelling so now I wont bother, allowing everyone to see what a spanker I am. Marvelous.

Carry on.....

Baby talc down your trolleys always works for me.

been commando since telic... works a treat. let that chariot swing low brother.

and avoid loose women... it maybe whats causing the itch

Mycota (?) foot cream clears all, stings like fek for a while then settles down to a rather pleasent throbbing, but it does clear it right up!

easy-wan-kenobi said:
been commando since telic... works a treat. let that chariot swing low brother.

and avoid loose women... it maybe whats causing the itch
this going commando technique, could there be a risk of injuries due to lack of support for ones swinging free tackle? (like groin straines, muscle pulls continualy bashed boll#x or similar?)

Also going commando eventually causes the desire to don roll mats!!!

I've tried vaseline in the past and although it is effective, I can't really see it as a long term solution. Have used sudacreme to sort out the problem never to prevent it, so may give it a go.

Currently useing cycling shorts underneath.

Does the foot powder work? Surely it would sting like buggery?

Okays, no matter what the body type, and no matter how good or bad you are in the field, Reg or TA, cadet or mong, some day you are going to get that awful painful rubbing feeling when skin/ flesh, rubs against skin or flesh or clothing it is not meant to and it is agony! A few ways around it, cycling shorts, the lycra style you would wear with rugby shorts when playing the proper mans game!! There is a "Canterbury" brand version of the cycling shorts in sort of strechy cotton, makes you sweat less, costs a fair bit, i bought at a pair at the Twickenham Stadium Rugby store, but they make life so much easier and no chaffing issues!!
Otherwise, try vassaline or try copious ammounts of talc powder! Hope you find a way to fix it!

LIMA said:
Join a Scottish Regiment and wear a Kilt

AHHHHHHHH, zeee devils in skirts!!!!!!!!

:D

hows the song go now ........ oh yes,
" swinging free, swinging free, ossssssolateing merrily ........................."!

:D

Cotton briefs - not boxers - and plenty of Scholl foot powder. What works for the feet works for the meat (& two veg)!

T

taric

aswell as the various creams suggested to you try the Helly Hansen shorts or the 3/4 variant also try jungle combats you know tropical they're lightweight and dry fast but never go commando your zip flap cover opens and the zip will rub your wee fella to pieces!!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E The NAAFI Bar 23
ThunderBox The NAAFI Bar 2
T Photography 120