Chrysler goes belly up

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Apr 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wanted a Dodge Ram, too :( .

2. I'm sure there will be lots of them going cheap right now. Chrysler had no problem building cars, just nobody buying them....

3. With Rams coming in a range of engine sizes, from 3.7L to 8.3L, I don't think it'd be economic to run one at the minute :twisted: .

4. <---doesn't know anything about economics.
    I did 4 months of business studies at 16 and nothing since :) .

5. Difference noted.
    The Times simply says bankrupt but I get the distinction

6. Filing Chapter 11 will protect the business from bankruptcy proceedings by its creditors, while it works out how to restructure its business in such a way as it can emerge as a viable business again on emergence the business is responsible to a team who will ensure it is following its business plan to a) pay off all its outstanding debts, b) to fulfill the terms of any loans/budgets that the business used to restructure. Full bankruptcy is extremely rare in the USA and is known as filing Chapter 7.

It is a better method of restructuring a business than that employed here, as it gives the creditors a fighting chance to regain payment. If Chapter7 is filed creditors would gets cents on the $ if anything at all.

7. Haven't Volkswagen Group expressed an interest in buying Chrysler?