ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Chronicles of war in Ukraine

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Domovoy, May 9, 2014.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Any takes on the meaning of H2200+?

H is N, might be Nyet. 2 could be 'to'. 200 is Russian symbol for dead soldiers, followed by a Christian symbol?

Just chewing the cud. As tankies know, it's very nice driving round the battlefield but it is essentially a 50 ton steel/ceramic coffin full of fuel and explosives on a bad day.

2. Think it's the height of the vehicle, presumably for the railway.
    Edit;
    [​IMG]
    Second edit
    [​IMG]

3. Brotherton Lad

Nowhere near as romantic. Negabarit does indeed refer to size.

• Like Like x 2
  4. And the cross in the circle could simply mean "centre of gravity" for loading. i have seen this symbol on big freight crates.

• Like Like x 3
  5. The same would happen to you if you were shown several shovels, then asked to take your pick.

Life in the fast lane isn't a choice you should make.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. So Bugs, about these 'Russian only' tanks in the Ukraine.......yes/no?

Sorry to bring it up but TFRG says she can tell the difference between a Russian from Moscow and one from Kiev just by their accent.......I didn't follow the full explanation but it's something about inflections and the use of certain words.......still, what would she know? she's just a local.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I wondered why they did that, it seemed like a good way to loose your track guards on a passing tree. Thanks for that.

8. Brotherton Lad

Ah. Then probably not height, since the gun must be taller than the tank. Weight class perhaps for bridges, plus elements of rail gauge? Or, back to railways, the number of bogies required per wagon. Many many years ago the spotting of triple axle bogies could set a young chap's heart racing.

Not posted the link for a while, but apologies if you've seen it:

PS. In my time KGB Maj VV Putin was serving in Dresden. Didn't he do well?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1

9. Most of them aren't much good at simple addition & subtraction:

"2+2=NATO Sodamite snipers" & stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brotherton Lad

11. When I see utter guff like this...

...it brings into question the ability of the author to write accurately.

12. Brotherton Lad

How else would you describe 1945 to 2012 in calendar terms?

• Like Like x 2

13. "Toe to toe" infers the Cold War; a whole 45 years or less.

14. Brotherton Lad

But you're not Russian, are you? Your elder brother didn't die in the war and you haven't seen the loss of hundreds of kilometers of territory that millions of your countrymen died to seize. And just where are those ICBM aimed these days?

And you haven't been raised to believe that your country is the Third Rome, the first one having been lost to the Huns and all those other barbarians and the second one in Constantinople lost to the Turks. Throw in a good dollop of Soviet history and there's your fellow.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  15. So, Buggsy, you tagged this post as "funny". I guess that means you have no intention of answering. Probably because you've seen the hole that you dug for yourself.

Another chance - who were the US planning to use as a proxy to invade Crimea?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1