Chrome for the iPad

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Guns, Jun 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Just got in downloaded and is great. Have been playing with the sync over devices bit. Have something open on the laptop and then go to the iPad and it pulls up the same tabs. Incognito viewing is handy as well.
  2. Does it save passwords?
  3. It does on android (apart from accessing online history which is a godsend to be frank)
  4. Just downloaded it. It's a bit slow.
  5. I can never get on my i-pad now always relegated to the lappy. Mrs BaT keeps on hijacking it!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Yep it saves passwords, but as you can sync it with your google account it can use them too. I think. I use Last Pass on my laptop so don't really have passwords saved.
  7. The App Store restricts Google to building Chrome on Webkit, but without access to an optimised JavaScript engine that Apple keeps exclusively for Safari. Thus, with the wrong kind of web page Chrome can be slow.

I'm looking forward to Mozilla releasing Junior Firefox for iPad. They say the app will be re-designed specifically for the tablet market instead of being restricted to the same look and feel as the desktop versions like other browser apps.
  8. what's wrong with safari? as a reserve / emergency/ travel browsing device i find safari fine...