Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christopher Steele

Poppycock

Old-Salt
Why do you get such a hard-on about Chrsitioher Steele? He left the Service years ago.
I take no pleasure in seeing our global reputation in tatters

I do find relief in the incompetent, criminal tossers at SIS being ripped a new arrse hole though. Until they are exposed for what they are, 'incidents' like the Manchester Arena bombing are likely to happen again as their regime change assets go rogue.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I like a touch of heat in my guacamole. A vicious little red pepper, de-seeded, chopped fine and then turned into a paste with garlic and sea salt (as an abrasive), added to the avocado-and-lime-juice mix, with black pepper and perhaps a touch of cumin to taste, makes all the difference.

I do find relief in the incompetent, criminal tossers at SIS being ripped a new arrse hole though. Until they are exposed for what they are, 'incidents' like the Manchester Arena bombing are likely to happen again as their regime change assets go rogue.

God you write/think some sh!t. If those are your concerns why are you obsessed about someone who left the Service years ago and acting on his own behalf?

You've clearly had no experience of the intelligence services, otherwise you wouldn't write such guff and hold a character of fiction as an exemplar intelligence officer.

I like a touch of heat in my guacamole. A vicious little red pepper, de-seeded, chopped fine and then turned into a paste with garlic and sea salt (as an abrasive), added to the avocado-and-lime-juice mix, with black pepper and perhaps a touch of cumin to taste, makes all the difference.
Yes, I bought a pot last week and it was tasteless, which persuaded me to make my own tonight. I'll try it with cumin next time

Why do you get such a hard-on about Chrsitioher Steele? He left the Service years ago.

More importantly, I made a plate of nachos tonight with home made guacamole and sour cream, and started watching The Man in the High Castle. Appropriate, perhaps.

He looks complicit in an attempt to illegally take down a POTUS. Its kind of a big deal.

Warnings about the twin towers didn’t stop them being attacked (on multiple occasions), Boston etc

There’s a bit of a problem with modern terrorists that they don’t play ball and share all their planning for the security services to catch them red handed

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Chillie flakes and coarse ground pepper
I find the flakes make it a bit harsh and metallic, which is why I use fresh chilis for preference, LIghtly toasting the flakes before grinding them into a coarse powder often works well to reduce the harshness a bit.

Yes, that may be, but it's nothing to do with the UK intelligence services.
He used those credentials validating his claims. It doesn’t reflect well on them.

Yokel

LE
How can stating he was a former employee reflect poorly on the Service (apart from reflecting his own poor judgement)?

I'm not defending the chap but just wondering what @Poppycock obsession is with the intelligence services. His writings about them reveal jaw-dropping naiveté

But did the Service confirm that Mr Steele had worked for them?

@Poppycock seems to not understand that most of the activities of the intelligence services are clandestine in nature, and unlikely to involve car chases in Sportscars.

For example various activities during the Falklands War to prevent Argentina acquiring Exocets using the black market.

But did the Service confirm that Mr Steele had worked for them?

@Poppycock seems to not understand that most of the activities of the intelligence services are clandestine in nature, and unlikely to involve car chases in Sportscars.

For example various activities during the Falklands War to prevent Argentina acquiring Exocets using the black market.
I don't believe that they did confirm that he had worked for them. But let's not disabuse @Poppycock's belief that all officers are Olympic skier acrobatic stunt pilot ninja snipers. On civil service salaries.

I don't believe that they did confirm that he had worked for them. But let's not disabuse @Poppycock's belief that all officers are Olympic skier acrobatic stunt pilot ninja snipers. On civil service salaries.
Agent 003 1/2 for example

EFB9C83C-4CDD-4A01-879E-8E373F47BA0A.jpeg

How can stating he was a former employee reflect poorly on the Service (apart from reflecting his own poor judgement)?

I'm not defending the chap but just wondering what @Poppycock obsession is with the intelligence services. His writings about them reveal jaw-dropping naiveté

I don’t know Poppycocks motivation - but prior afflict to military units/civil service/Religious leaders is brought up all the time after they get caught being a dirtbag.

Aquavite

Clanker
This thread is becoming a fine example of why British security services are washed up - a global joke

Bond had disarming charm contrasting the reality that is Christopher Steele with his silly grin

Fictional Bond never made the press (the grey man) contrasting to 'Christopher Steele' searches on twitter revealing he is the original Johnny English in America's eyes

Bond always won with style where as Steele is receiving the proverbial kicking of a life time

Bond has gorgeous female assistants whilst Christopher Steele only has Hilary Clinton & the office intern on his side

Bond had highly skilled allies that could get him out of a tight spot as opposed to Christopher Steele's army of washed-up, over the hill, half drunk (and full drunk) arrses

More nonsensical replies will only strengthen my reason for starting the thread - to confirm that the Special Relationship is dead & it was Steele what killed it

I can't wait for November 3rd, although there's a political bombshell due Oct 15 too, so remember to look out for that one my minions & I'll explain the implications to you in a highly arrogant, self-congratulatory, don't you feel stupid now? type of post (I can't wait!) :p
Aren't you the guy who discovered the 9/11 plot before the CIA because you met the "pilots". You're that REME STAB loon No4.Mk1.

Poppycock

Old-Salt
I get that sometimes, the vertigo sensation.

Johnny English suffers from it too. See the pattern now? Smart-arrses.
New Yorker magazine March 2018 said:
And so Steele was stunned to learn that U.S. politicians were calling him a criminal. He told Christopher Burrows, with whom he co-founded Orbis, that the sensation was “a feeling like vertigo.”

engr172

War Hero
Book Reviewer

I.m assuming you either failed vetting for a job, or got in there and were swiftly found out and not kept on?

Latest Threads