Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christopher Steele

Poppycock

Old-Salt
This isn't going to look good on Chris's CV:

Steele’s contacts with the media regarding the dossier raised concerns within the FBI, and led to the bureau cutting him off as a confidential human source.

Michael Gaeta, who was Steele’s FBI handler, told the Senate panel that Steele’s actions made him “completely untrustworthy.”

That would work. I'd suggest still browning the tenderloin in butter in a pan before wrapping it in the streaky - smoked, ideally - and then finishing in the oven.
A little more elaborate but may I suggest, take two tenderloins, slice down the middle and flatten, place a quantity of stuffing, my preference is sage onion and mushroom, place second tenderloin on top, wrap in smoked streaky bacon and tie up using a good quality string not garden twine, place in a hot oven for the requisite time I use a thermometer.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
A little more elaborate but may I suggest, take two tenderloins, slice down the middle and flatten, place a quantity of stuffing, my preference is sage onion and mushroom, place second tenderloin on top, wrap in smoked streaky bacon and tie up using a good quality string not garden twine, place in a hot oven for the requisite time I use a thermometer.
That sounds very nice, although I think I'd add something to the stuffing which would generate some tenderising enzymes and perhaps some fat. Perhaps do a duxelle of mushrooms, with shallots and garlic and put some bacon or pancetta lardons in there as well?

That sounds very nice, although I think I'd add something to the stuffing which would generate some tenderising enzymes and perhaps some fat. Perhaps do a duxelle of mushrooms, with shallots and garlic and put some bacon or pancetta lardons in there as well?
Indeed you could refine it as you suggest, I have not found it necessary to add fat to the stuffing when using fatty streaky bacon, keeping pork gravy from a previous roast is always worthwhile, or a simple onion gravy works well.

Latest Threads