Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christopher Steele

Poppycock

Old-Salt
Surely an ex-MI6 agent with a report card like this from the US Senate's Judiciary Committee deserves his own thread?

US Senate's Judiciary Committee said:
  • This document not only demonstrates how unsubstantiated and unreliable the Steele dossier was, it shows that the FBI was on notice of the dossier’s credibility problems and sought two more FISA application renewals after gaining this awareness.
  • The document reveals that the primary “source” of Steele’s election reporting was not some well-connected current or former Russian official, but a non-Russian based contract employee of Christopher Steele’s firm. Moreover, it demonstrates that the information that Steele’s primary source provided him was second and third-hand information and rumor at best.
  • Critically, the document shows that Steele’s “Primary Sub-source” disagreed with and was surprised by how information he gave Steele was then conveyed by Steele in the Steele dossier.
Christopher Steele, coming undone quicker than you can say SIS tried to unseat an elected US President

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I am torn between this and the equally enthralling instructions on a can of Dulux Matt Emulsion in a rather fetching shade of beige.

Cappucino or Barley white?

Poppycock

Old-Salt
I am torn between this and the equally enthralling instructions on a can of Dulux Matt Emulsion in a rather fetching shade of beige.
Your response suggests you have

a) a paint fetish,
b) an aversion current affairs involving a former MI6 employee, the US senate, the FBI, Hilary Clinton and the President of the United States

a) isn't relevant, b) good for you, just a shame you didn't keep it to yourself

Steele looks like he's going to have to face the US judicial system and going off this 2018 appraisal of him I think he might blub. What's the penalty for treason in Washington these days?
The US Senate's Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence said:
Christopher Steele, the former British spook behind the discredited dossier the FBI used to get a warrant to spy on an adviser to Donald Trump, comes off as more blabbermouth than Bond in the bombshell House memo

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Vanilla White. Do you think I have made the right choice? I anguished for hours in B&Q but now i have bought it I’m having doubts.
timeless is very good, you can do the ceiling with it as well and it doesn't look odd while saving a lot of effort cleaning up after a pathetic cutting in period.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
We had a very, very good, homemade king prawn curry tonight. Madame added spinach - coarsely chopped - and petit pois and, with my perfect rice (see below)and papadom, it was fantastic.

Never fail rice.

Melt some butter in a saucepan over a low light. Add rice, no need to wash it, allow to warm through while getting coated with the melted butter. Add water (the proportion is 2:3 - i.e. two cups of rice need three cups of water. Add a smidge of salt, bring gently to the boil; once boiling, put the lid on the pan and turn to the lowest possible heat setting for 13 minutes. After 13 minutes, without removing the lid, allow to stand for another 13 minutes off the heat. Serve, it'll be perfect.

BigT

LE
I had a rather nice salad with chunks of bacon, extra mature cheddar and a balsamic dressing washed down with a couple of glasses of Shirazz.

As for the thread topic, Trump says Steele needs to be locked up for terrible crimes but he can't say what those terrible crimes are apart from that they were terrible.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
We wouldn't need James Bond films if our actual spies weren't gobshites like Steele.

Surely an ex-MI6 agent with a report card like this from the US Senate's Judiciary Committee deserves his own thread?

Christopher Steele, coming undone quicker than you can say SIS tried to unseat an elected US President

I suppose you have never heard of "The Integrity Institute" or Sir Richard Dearlove?

Do others agree that this is a good time to ask the OP how this thread is going?

Don't worry. Mr Steele won't be extradited to the US. He's currently in a bag in a bath in a flat in Pimlico, foaming at the mouth and dangerously radioactive. Oh, and wearing women's underwear.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
timeless is very good, you can do the ceiling with it as well and it doesn't look odd while saving a lot of effort cleaning up after a pathetic cutting in period.
Orf to B&Q with a spring in my step to exchange my Vanilla White for Timeless. I feel a great weight has been lifted from me today. Thank you.

ps. @Poppycock... thank you too for starting a thread where we can discuss shades of beige and dinner menus without looking over our shoulder’s in fear of rough ribaldry.

Latest Threads