Christopher Alder death: Body mix-up claim probed

Very curious indeed!

Really strange,,why after all this time?,,10 years and nobody checked?,,just how long does a body remain in the mortuary?....

However if it is Christopher Alder then Forensics have moved on and maybe the case can be re-opened?....

Hi I am curious what Battalion he served with and what years?

Would it be possible for the Regiment to give him a Military Funeral ? It's staggering not only the way he died but how the Police got away with it. Could you imagine what would have happend if it were five youths doing same in the street, all walking away scot free.

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer

Would it be possible for the Regiment to give him a Military Funeral ? It's staggering not only the way he died but how the Police got away with it. Could you imagine what would have happend if it were five youths doing same in the street, all walking away scot free.
He was 2 Para, did six years and was on the Falklands gig back in 1982.

An interesting comment. Although Chris left in the early 80's, The Regiment might do that, but remember, the Family have already paid for the funeral. Unfortunately, it seems that the wrong person was buried then.
So the City Mortuary/Health AuthorityFuneral Directors etc may be liable.

However, saying all that, I'm sure that the Regiment, the PRA or the BAFC would be happy to get involved.

This disgrace aside... what possible 'family reasons' would mean a body was left unburied for over 10 years? Didn't anyone in Hull Council think, actually 1 year is more than taking hte p1ss let's bury her with dignity.

This disgrace aside... what possible 'family reasons' would mean a body was left unburied for over 10 years? Didn't anyone in Hull Council think, actually 1 year is more than taking hte p1ss let's bury her with dignity.
The report stated that 'she' could only be buried on a Friday.

Well there must have been about 500 Fridays since then! So someones arse needs kicking!

The report stated that 'she' could only be buried on a Friday.

Well there must have been about 500 Fridays since then! So someones arse needs kicking!
What were t hey going to do to bury her (which has been postponed again) pour her in to the grave?

An interesting comment. Although Chris left in the early 80's, The Regiment might do that, but remember, the Family have already paid for the funeral. Unfortunately, it seems that the wrong person was buried then.
So the City Mortuary/Health AuthorityFuneral Directors etc may be liable.

However, saying all that, I'm sure that the Regiment, the PRA or the BAFC would be happy to get involved.
I'm quite good mates with his son, I'll pass that on at an appropriate time. Cheers.

Is there no limit to the length of time a body can be stored in a mortuary? I was always under the impression they were "refridgerated" rather than deep freeze.

The final insult for him and his family. I hope they get their pound of flesh.

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
A disgraceful way for a young lion to die, and totally shocking disregard to his family and friends by the authorties,failing to execute their duties.