Christmas Presents

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Sabre, Nov 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes i know Xmas is still 7 weeks away or so , but i have been toying with the idea of actually doing my xmas shopping early for once instead if running around like a headless chicken at 1630hrs on Christmas eve, even then still forgetting a present and having to buy one at the local 24 hours petrol station.

I think most of my family have Roadmaps of the UK all the way from 1985 to this year.

ANnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyway, to get down to the nitty gritty of this thread, i have been thinking about all the useless presents i have received over the years.

To give some examples, one of those invisible dog leads, or a giant comb, just useless tat that some one has seen in a 1 pound shop and thought hahahaha that would be so funny for them to get that, when really it just makes you want to slap them, after you have already given a present that has cost over 5 times as much as they spent on you!!

what crap xmas presents have you given/received people in the past?

C'mon people i need some ideas for this year!!
  2. A couple of years ago I bought my sister an X-Box and got a change-sorting machine in return. Go figure.
  3. My Sister brought me a Thunderbirds digital watch - suitable for ages 2 to 5....Two pounds from Woolworths! All plastic with a shitty strap and a flip top Thunderbirds 2 with the digital display underneath............. I thought it was a joke present - but she was deadly serious! "I thought you liked the Thunderbirds?" When I was 5 maybe - not 35!

I on the other hand, brought her, her husband and her 2 kids separate presents totalling over 200 quid! Now, I know that money shouldn't come into it... but Fcuk me!

They're getting the square root of Fcuk all this year..... although I might buy the kids (6 & 4yrs) something really annoying and loud - Something like a drum kit or one of those voice altering megaphones (with at least 3 sets of long life batteries) ..............Payback.....

4. always found a present of a jigsaw with one piece strategically removed was excellent for giving to some one who'd pi**ed you off