Christmas presents - Arrsers what did you get ? useful or not and the serious.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by dontenn, Jan 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So what did santa bring you on Christmas 2012 ? on the serious side I got another year.. nearly did not make it past 2010 cos of cancer.. best present I got was to sit down and enjoy christmas din dins.

On the other side socks and gunters.. well u can never have enough... plus another ova draft.

2. It's not Easter yet.

I got Yankee Candles.

3. All I got for Xmas was: flu, a very sick dog (bucked up now), a hand me down mobile phone, a lame horse with tendonitis and a half hearted hand job (i.e. you're not giving me the flu!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. From my daughter…

[​IMG]

Only one slight problem, I don't own a dog, let alone a Whippet

5. Any Yorkshire ancestry?

For me it was a bunch of books I have nowhere to put. A Great big Spanish ham, some salmon that went straight in the freezer and something from my wife that I'm buggered if I can remember what.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I didnt get a pony...again....

• Like Like x 1
  7. I got a guide as to what sort of threads should go in Current Affairs, the Int Cell, the NAAFI bar, and so on.... Most useful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sorry I am new to this.... and it doesn't help with this poxy second hand laptop with sticky keys for got for xmas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Snigger.

10. Anyway what group r we in ? ... U got any guides spare ?

11. I got a great book from my daughter, '50 Sheds of Grey' a piss take with such one liners as; 'Hurt me', she said as she bent
    over the bench. So I said, 'You can't cook and you have terrible dress sense'.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Got a few good books including Bernard Cornwell's new one, a few knick knacks and my Garmin Forerunner 310XT

13. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I got man-flu, some decent aftershave, a step-daughter who chattered endlessly and hogged the remote, sleep on the sofa as Mum doubled up with said daughter (the spare bedroom's still got the freezer and kit in it so I had to do with the sofa) and full access to the booze for medicinal purposes... oh, and a "speshul" Christmas show of affection...

14. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I got proper flu on Xmas Day. Woke up feeling 100%. In the afternoon I started feeling a little stuffy / nose a little runny. By tea time I was full-on joint achey, head about to explode, dizzy as fuck. It was great.

On the plus-side I got Halo 4 from the other half (plus the usual toiletries and gizmos) which I eventually got around to playing last Sunday and completed in 8½ hours.

Next stop - Normal, Heroic, Legendary :)