christmas present advice..

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by cheetarah, Dec 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hoping someone can help me out with some advice on a good watch for t'other half..

His last one broke and he's in dire need of another so thought it would be a good option for christmas..

it'll need to be one he can wear in the field, be water resistant , have an alarm and stopwatch and all that malark..also under strict instructions for absolutely nothing poncey/bling (although that would have comedy value..)

Before I just buy him a black G-Shock can any of u menfolk recommend me summat or is that my best option??

price range not a huge factor (within reason!)

Festive thanks in advance..
  2. potential winner there matelot...

v good suggestion- thanks alot!!
  3. Why not ask a site sponsor, never know there may be a discount for publicity......

Or a freebie for whoever sent you there!!?
  4. The mickey Mouse one?
  5. he does love a bit of disney bless him..
  6. What, and spend an extra £50 for the same watch???? I don't think so!
  7. Don't shoot the messenger only pointing the good lady in the direction of Mil style watches, where she buys from is a womans perogative.................... :roll:
  8. for which i am v grateful big red..

just checking out these telford people now...
  9. Most army surplus stores will do you a surplus G1098 watch. They are pretty robust. Not a hugely romantic chrissie pressy though!
  10. Also have a look at this:this

I've worn one of these for the past 4 years and used it in both Iraq and Afghan.
  11. 'tis true..not the most romantic!

although that ship sailed two months ago when it became obvious that he will still be away on the 25th and won't get to open it until early jan!

whats that depressing elvis song..

"it'll be lonely this christmas...lonely and cold..."
  12. hmmm...just seen that one gixxer, like it. cheers..

13. suunto

Mega pricey but as the saying goes, and webtexs company moto, buy cheap but twice. Have you also considered getting him a garmin gps?
  14. beast..

stupid question coming up....u can get garmin gps watches??

don't laugh if that was a lamo thing to say!

that could be good to have a look at along with the others..