Christmas on the Frontline - Tonight 1900

In Afghanistan, Matt Allwright has access all areas at the British military base Camp Bastion, an eight-square-mile fortress in the heart of the Hellmand province.

Matt meets the soldiers and civilians who make the camp tick and finds out what it is like to live in this place regularly heard about in the news. The film offers a view of day-to-day life for the thousands of British soldiers serving in Afghanistan.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00gf5hy

Looks like it could be good

T

Tremaine

Bless em all, wouldn't miss it and will certainly be the highlight of my Crimbo.
Glasses at the ready now folks....

T

Tremaine

"Welcome to slightly uneasy Jet" "No Movie, no Meal and a slightly butch Stewardess"

Started off pretty poor.

The presenter is a t*sser and there are unecessary green special effect borders every other minute.

Some of the loggie birds are worth the effort of ejaculation. The Army really has changed since I was in.

smartascarrots said:
Some of the loggie birds are worth the effort of ejaculation. The Army really has changed since I was in.
Navy was better - Jen

Barkest said:
Started off pretty poor.

The presenter is a t*sser and there are unecessary green special effect borders every other minute.

yes, i agree, i'll write to the bbc and complain....we don't want absolute prime-time TV in the middle of the holiday season showing the great work of our troops dressed up to appeal to as many of the general public as possible...

c0ck

Danny_Dravot said:
Barkest said:
Started off pretty poor.

yes, i agree, i'll write to the bbc and complain....we don't want absolute prime-time TV in the middle of the holiday season showing the great work of our troops dressed up to appeal to as many of the general public as possible...

c0ck
I was going to say that, or similar, but, as usual was beaten to it :x

Danny_Dravot said:
Barkest said:
Started off pretty poor.

c0ck
I didnt mean it in that way at all. The more coverage of the troops the better, especially on prime time TV.

The progam could be better presented imo.

Fair do's to the camera team

They are trying to show the military in the best light, albeit in their own way - what's wrong with that?

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Seems alright to me. Nice to see something that centres on the lads and lasses out there.

I know I've been drinking heavily for days, but I could have sworn that one of the ANA rifles seen on the OMLT range had Hebrew butt numbers.

I think it is pretty good. Guys are being allowed to show a bit of humour, the message bits are a good idea and it is a good mix of TA and regulars.

All in all a good run around the bizarre.

Well done BBC , and put on before Eastenders. Good work from Matt, really working to contrast himself and his team with the boys and girls. Look forward to the repeat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AsterixTG The NAAFI Bar 65
supermatelot Travel 49
Forces Pension Society Armed Forces Pension Scheme 1