Christmas? Not at Public Expense!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by LAIT, Oct 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Edited.
  2. What a joyless bunch of twunts. (Still if it saves money eh.)
  3. We have no money.
    We are cutting 60,000 plus jobs (roughly 25% of the UK defence establishment).
    Billions of pounds are being taken out of spending programmes to try and get the budget in balance.

Yet you want to spend money we don't have on christmas trees and other christmas decorations? Is this really the best use of our immensely scarce resources?
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Awwwww. Will Tax-Santa not be bringing you any tinsel, trees and mince pies this year, you scrounging ****?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. It wasn't that long ago that everyone was outraged that the banks threw lavish parties for their staff despite being up shits creek.

How quickly some people forget.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings...
  7. I've made personal yuletide austerity measures, no tree no Christmas cards, no presents and no God awful Turkey. If I can make these sacrifices i'm sure everyone else can.
  8. You are the Grinch and I claim my £5.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Will this spread across other departments? It's not as if it is only MoD that is skint. Will CallMe Dave be paying for FOB Christmas Tree outside No 10 and drinky poos for the staff before knock-off for Christmas? I don't think so.
  10. Doesn't look much like a party to me

11. Scrooge is the relevant non braindead septic term.

I can see why the L'Académie française get so upset sometimes !
  12. Bahhumbug God save tiny Tim
  13. I thought this had been the case for a few years now? No problems from this end - and I'm sure the righteous on this website would be quick to spit venom into the pages of their Daily Wail when it published the inevitable "Pen-pushers eat turkey while our boys are led by them" bollocks.

And to be honest, whats the attraction of a few mince pies at HMG's expense during the work day, when everyone's going to be decanting from MB early for a few cheeky Magners on the Belgrano, followed by a mixed meal for 6 at Thai Square, then slut-trawling in Weatherspoons?
  14. Who cares, looking at this from a low level I doubt that there are any units that couldn't afford to pay for this sort of shite out of their own funds.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I particularly commend these excerpts from the missive:

The message is that expenditure on Christmas activity is prohibited. It is important that full records of any Christmas expenditure are kept.