Christmas lights or Winter/Festive Lights WTF

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 7_Ps, Nov 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF

Jebus just overheard a group of people talking about going to see the "Winter lights" getting switched on at the weekend a bit more lugging in and heard that it was changed from Christmas light to Winter/Festive lights by the local council not to hurt the feelings of non Christians at this time of year.

What next? changing Bings "I'm dreaming of a white christmas" to "I'm dreaming of <insert comment here>" ??

2. To be honest, this is a week old story, which many non-christian faith groups have already spoken out against.

The majority respect our right to celebrate the christmas season as much as the majority of christians respect the right of other faiths to celebrate their own religious festivals.

The councils in question made some ill-concieved and ill-judged decisions based on ill-informed PC brigade majority around the table when the votes were cast. The mayor of one such council who was not present at the time even admitted on 5-live that it was completely bollox.

A large number of non-christian group spokespersons (nice PC term for you) have denounced the decision by some councils to adopt this line, as it just further antagonises the people who already feel that non-christians are being far too pandered to. Most don't want it, and didn't ask for it.
  3. 7 P's welcome to the dismantling of our history and culture... I despise the hypocrisy of the PC brigade with a vengeance...