Christmas Kit Wish List - For the Stan

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by wg100, Dec 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm heading out on Op Herrick early next year and seeing as Christmas is just round the corner, I thought this could be an ideal time to get relatives to purchase the kit that I need but don't get issued...

So I'm looking for suggestions for essential kit to take out there with me.

I've already got a laptop and digital camera that I'll be taking.

Here's looking forward to Christmas...

2. A nice laura ashley dress.....
  3. The biggest knife that you can find. Then tape it upside down to your webbing.
  4. Good boots, good warm kit, books to read

And a post in Germany inside!
  5. Maybe that is what you seafaring types would take on ops, but I'd be more likely to go for:

:lol: :lol:

Then again, maybe not, i'm not looking to become some King of Walt here...
  6. To quote Trotman from First blood " A good supply of body bags"....... 8O
  7. Take a bobby pin with you, aparently they are very useful for things like em......holding your hair in a certain position amongst other things. I cant quite remember the other uses but a big boy told me they were very handy, then he ran away.

8. A good rifle?

You've got a buffalo, havent you?
  9. Start growing the biggest tache you can. Many Afghan men are attracted to clean-shaven blokes, regarding them as potential "special friends", and frankly, that is attention you can do without.
  10. 307

307 War Hero

Apparently the midnset of the Afghan villagers is that wonen are for babies and men are for fun. They also regard facial hair as a sign of masculinity and maturity, those without it are seen as a bit nancy and like is said in the psot above well.....could lead to some good intel!
  11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

A Breitling Survival watch. So that when the shit really hits the fan you can find a nice deep hole and pull the pin and wait for air sea rescue to come and find you.

Failing that sealskin socks and gloves. Not too expensive and easy for the average relly to wrap up.
  12. Don't waste your money buying kit. The issued kit is now adequate for the job, if it's not, then complain through the chain of command to get it changed/enhanced. Only this way can we make a difference to what kit we get issued. With everyone buying their own it would give the false impression that everything is ok and the MOD (and Phoney Tony Blair) could safe a fortune by not having to purchase it for us.

Have a look at the Op HERRICK LAND Mounting Instructions (available on ArmyNet) to see exactly what addl kit you can expect to be issued with.
  13. I wasn't talking about things like softie jackets or my own body armour or what have you, I mean more like things to keep me sane during downtime.
  14. A couple of fluffers always keep me occupied during those 'bored' moments..........
  15. A ready supply of gentleman's literture (preferably A5 and glossy) and your exercise sock. Nothing else required.