Christmas is Cancelled Again!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pantsoff, Nov 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's OK Oxford County Council has cancelled Christmas.

Thankfully everyman and his dog has said that they are muppets!

The UK get worse!

Even where I am the Hotels etc are allowed to play Christmas carols, have Christmas trees etc.

In fact the local childrens parent's complained last yearthat the British Curriculum School that my kids goto didn't celebrate it enough !

My Pants are firmly off in disgust with the OCC!
  2. Didn't they say the same about Birmingham last year and it turned out not to be true?
  3. complete piss take! its taking PC way too far.
  4. It isn't all bad news, they intend to force feed people caught fasting over Rammadan, with pork pies!
  5. Here we go again.
    This story is wheeled out every year (normally by the daily mail).....and this year the outrage bus goes to........................Oxford.
    I bet we find an apology at the bottom of page 7 in next weeks Torygraph.
  6. As far up the paper as Page 7???
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Jesus wept. It's not cancelled, it's a two month festival over the winter months. It's like the 'Winterval' fake outrage pish all over again.
  8. Now now PR, don't let the facts get in the way of a rabble-rouse by the Telegraph :D

What the hell has happened to that once august organ? Used to love reading the Torygraph for a good Harrumph!! Now I'm harrumphing at the standard of journalism within. Most unsatisfactory. It lets the side down, very 2nd XI.
  9. See there you go again - ruining a perfectly good outrage with - facts 8)

If the dopey feckers had left out PC sh1t - inclusiveness - nobody would have noticed. WTF do they mean by inclusive - were they expecting a big sign saying NO MUSLIMS, JEWS, HINDUS, SIKHS ALLOWED?
  10. Have you got an NSN for those signs?
  11. Just a question - Will this "Winter" Festival continue much into the New Year? As winter officially runs from December to February and this festival starts in November, it appears to be a Christmas Festival, not a Winter festival.

Met Office Clicky

However Oxford City Council have released a statement to refute the claims of banning Christmas:

Unhitch the outrage bandwagon and put the horse of disgust back in his stall, with a nosebag of oats, and relax.

12. "Oxford Inspires, who is jointly funded by Oxford University, Oxford Brookes University, the City and County Councils and the Arts Council to sponsor cultural and arts events across the county, designed the WinterLight event for 2008. This builds on the very successful event of December 2007, with the same name, which involved the late night opening of many museums and galleries, with musical events, food and drink, and activities for children."

He's a decent enough fellow is our Oxford!
  13. Local purchase Mate. Look for the local branch of RacistsRUs 8)
  14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Good grief! People coming together to mark the darker months and have a bit of a party? That's outrageous and we've only been doing it here for more than two thousand yea....oh.
  15. Bearing in mind that the Druids have been partying at Stonehenge since 3000BC and celebrating Yule for longer than that, why should we worry about a PC organisation from changing anything. Or could it be that if we don't, the sun will not be reborn and we will spend the rest of our lives in an eternal winter? :D As I remember it pagans used to sacrifice a person to ensure the rising of the new sun. How about starting with the Oxford Inspire crew? :twisted: