christmas holiday

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by mikey-21, Jul 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im going to basic training on the 26th october so i will still be doing it after christmas, someone at the AFCO said there was time off at christmas, is this true? and if so does anyone know when you get off and when you go back? thanks chaps :D

2. Training Regiments close down for Xmas :)

In the past it has been around 18 Dec through to around 5 Jan :)

Don't go planning your life around Xmas though as the Army has a fantastic way of changing things rapidly :D

But all Training Regiments do stand down for Xmas and New Year, its about the only time the instructors are guaranteed time off with their families ;) :)

3. thanks m8 uve always got the answer 8)

4. I'm following up on this good question - my lad is due to start Phase 1 on 19th October at Pirbright. Looking at the short leave they get (week 7/8?), takes us to around the 7th or 14th Dec. Would this most likely be postponed then, with them coming home for Xmas? Would this also put back the end of Phase 1? Now be nice- I've read lots of posts, this is my first question. All over the place at the mo, so would appreciate polite answers please. Lol

5. I would imagine the long weekend will turn into christmas leave, the christmas leave dates will allready have been worked in the program. So the completion date will be as stated on the joining instructions.

Hope this helps

6. Thankyou very much for your quick reply! Was dreading one of the normal smarty answers!! Everyone seems to chat in code :? and as a virgin army mum, its taking some getting used to. At least we have some idea now and can wait and see how it pans out. Cheers nice person :D

7. Welcome to Arrse the two of you!

We are quite nice. Honestly. Well, most of us, anyway! :D

You really have to wait until he starts training. The programme will then be issued to him. You can speculate all you want but there is the small matter of Christmas duties! Someone has to do them!

Litotes

8. I would be very suprised if they gave part one lads xmas dutys.

9. Thats what this sight is for, to answer peoples unanswed questions. Everbody has them, it's getting a correct answer thats the hard bit.

Glad to be a help, i will look into it for you tommorow and let you know for definate.