Christmas haul 2019: Let's hear what you got this year!

did you get it sorted?

RP
nope. Not yet. I’m about 80% through it now and can’t be arsed to disassemble it. It’s not as if I’m going to push it around The floor making noises like the starter motor is fcuked - it’s a Land Rover so it won’t go anyway.

Ive just put a data only sim in the Range Rover and guess what? SIM not supported. Car only supports 3 fcuking G so it’s got to go in for a day FFS. ao why should Lego be any different to the real thing?...........
I am on the third gearbox rebuild, engine end has been built twice, whole model completed one before being ripped down again.

It has chronic ‘transmission wind up‘, gearbox doesn’t work 'engine doesn’t work and I am cheesed of with the bastard thing. Only one bit missing though and a small bag of leftovers - flucking land rovers. Work of the devil whether real or just a lego model.

I am on the third gearbox rebuild, engine end has been built twice, whole model completed one before being ripped down again.

It has chronic ‘transmission wind up‘, gearbox doesn’t work 'engine doesn’t work and I am cheesed of with the bastard thing. Only one bit missing though and a small bag of leftovers - flucking land rovers. Work of the devil whether real or just a lego model.
F3728527-7036-46FA-953A-5AB38757DB3E.jpeg

I’ve not sorted the problem with the rear diff. I’ve decided to just assemble the fcuking thing and b0ll0cks to it. I’ll see if I can sort the drive train out later. I think I’ve got a steering problem as well, but we will see. I’ve got a few bits that are the ‘wrong colour’ which I know is the model not me.

the mrs has a 5k deposit down on a 90 when it comes out. I hope the big one is better than this fcuking thing......

When my son was about sixteen he was making plastic Tamiya type models. I had bought a Tamiya Vietnam era riverine patrol boat to make and he promptly stole it to make.

This Christmas he bought me a model, the same patrol boat. He's 43 now so only 27 years late!

RigPig

War Hero
Ref Lego Defender. I’ve got a piece missing, though I’ve ordered a replacement. So far I’ve only built the back end and the front suspension and steering. it all seems to work for me, though the front diff is a bit sticky compared to the rear. I’ve enjoyed the build so far, apart from having to steal parts from later bags and hope the replacement arrives before I get to use the piece.

wife has finally got around to even looking at the Garmin 735 I got her. So far since Christmas she’s done 2 bike rides and a run. Nice to know it’s appreciated.

RP.

Ref Lego Defender. I’ve got a piece missing, though I’ve ordered a replacement. So far I’ve only built the back end and the front suspension and steering. it all seems to work for me, though the front diff is a bit sticky compared to the rear. I’ve enjoyed the build so far, apart from having to steal parts from later bags and hope the replacement arrives before I get to use the piece.
Just missing a pin from one of the doors... no big deal but the drivetrain has me beaten. The gear box seems ok, the front end seems ok but when joined together...

I suspect it will end up in pieces, back in its box and forgotten about

View attachment 440676
I’ve not sorted the problem with the rear diff. I’ve decided to just assemble the fcuking thing and b0ll0cks to it. I’ll see if I can sort the drive train out later. I think I’ve got a steering problem as well, but we will see. I’ve got a few bits that are the ‘wrong colour’ which I know is the model not me.

the mrs has a 5k deposit down on a 90 when it comes out. I hope the big one is better than this fcuking thing......
No problem with rear diff, no problem with steering which (along with the winch) is about the only ‘system’ that works as expected. No wrong colours either.

Sorting the drive train later... major endeavour in terms of dismantling and rebuilding made worse by achieving fuck all². Good luck.

Well that’s the fcuking thing finished. About half a dozen parts missing and a similar number where they have shipped the right brick but wrong colour. Drive train doesn’t work and I really can’t be arsed to pull it apart. Finished at 0340 this morning having necked half a bottle of Laphroaig while finishing the fucking thing. About 20 ‘spare bits’......

FDE2E3DE-F616-4AA3-8EDF-5FA97A7AF4FF.jpeg

thank fcuk that’s over. How you lot pull it apart and rebuild it is beyond me!

Just missing a pin from one of the doors... no big deal but the drivetrain has me beaten. The gear box seems ok, the front end seems ok but when joined together...

I suspect it will end up in pieces, back in its box and forgotten about

No problem with rear diff, no problem with steering which (along with the winch) is about the only ‘system’ that works as expected. No wrong colours either.

Sorting the drive train later... major endeavour in terms of dismantling and rebuilding made worse by achieving **** all². Good luck.
you are a braver man than me... steering works. Front wheels go in the right direction. Winch works.Engine was working nicely and that stopped at some point. Nothing else works.

lost the will to live. Onto the Wokka when I get back on the 12th. I shall be thinking of you lot whilst bombing down the slopes in sunny Austria. Home of right wing politics. Bliss!!

I wonder if they have got rid of the token Middle Eastern type that was begging in St Anton last year.

note to oneself. Must visit gun shop while there.:)

RigPig

War Hero
Ive just put a data only sim in the Range Rover and guess what? SIM not supported. Car only supports 3 fcuking G so it’s got to go in for a day FFS. ao why should Lego be any different to the real thing?...........
I managed to get a 3G sim for the mother in laws phone a while back. I had to ask EE for it whilst in a shop. I think most the ones you buy now are 4G. Not sure if the do 3G data only mind, as I was after a PAYG voice calls sim. I can’t see you being the only person that needs one.

RP.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Last couple of winters, my feet have got really cold of an evening (concrete, designed for under floor heating, under marley tiles under laminate). A month ago I pointed Zero Alpha at a pair of warm looking (I was right) slippers, dropped hints so loud she let me buy them there and then, and help her wrap them.

Once I was wearing them, feet toasty, I read the labels, including a washing label. Discovered that they're washable, but only one at a time, because it says on each "Wash separately" . Obviously it's the Irish question and they'll kick off in the machine. Because one's a left footer, the other's a right footer.

Last edited:
Last couple of winters, my foot have got really cold of an evening (concrete, designed for under floor heating, under marley tiles under laminate). A month ago I pointed Zero Alpha at a pair of warm looking (I was right) slippers, dropped hints so loud she let me buy them there and then, and help her wrap them.

Once I was wearing them, feet toasty, I read the labels, including a washing label. Discovered that they're washable, but only one at a time, because it says on each "Wash separately" . Obviously it's the Irish question and they'll kick off in the machine. Because one's a left footer, the other's a right footer.
If it’s a proper Irish set it’ll come in threes. One green, one orange, and one white. You’ll put your feet in the orange and the green, and it won’t be enough.
But both will be snug in the white. But you are right, careful washing will be required.
Enough rubbish homilies and weak puns, keep yer feet warm and dry!

I managed to get a 3G sim for the mother in laws phone a while back. I had to ask EE for it whilst in a shop. I think most the ones you buy now are 4G. Not sure if the do 3G data only mind, as I was after a PAYG voice calls sim. I can’t see you being the only person that needs one.

RP.
its 02. They don’t do a 3G SIM anymore. Car needs to got in for a firmware upgrade.

you are a braver man than me... steering works. Front wheels go in the right direction. Winch works.Engine was working nicely and that stopped at some point. Nothing else works.
Rebuilt... it works after a fashion (realistic in that respect then) and fcuk it... it stays built this time and has gone onto dust collecting duties w.e.f. today.

’er indoors went mental when she saw the small oil stain on the sideboard under the engine area. I told her a small 5ml vial of black oil was included in the kit for realism but... she really wasn’t best pleased.

Latest Threads