Christmas haul 2018: Best, worst, and most pointless presents - who got what?

Hope you didn't have the internal combustion version of 'batteries not included'? I'd want to be straight out into the back garden as soon as the last of the wrapping came off!
No oil or petrol.
I'll sort that tomorrow as there is a rather large fallen oak tree that will look good in my log store.

jambosun

Old-Salt
A telescopic fishing rod with reel and some new lures, a nice jacket, a new Heart of Midlothian mug to add to my large collection, decent socks and 3 Danny Baker books. I am very happy with that haul.

Amongst others, the two standouts were the DVD of 'They Shall Not Grow Old' directed by Peter Jackson and a copy of 'Rifles' by Mark Urban.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

From SWMBO I received a rather interesting bubba'd BSA Lee Enfield No1 Mk3 rifle that she came across in a local gun shop. It has some interesting markings on it which I will research later.

It's going to need some tlc but nothing I can't handle.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I got one of these which really took me back 3 or 4 years (decades) and I am the only one who likes them! :santa:

81dH9dVwtrL._SX679_.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That brings back memories. I gave up liquorice after discovering that it increased my blood pressure, particularly the Finnish Panda liquorice sticks.
Probably why the family gave it to me! :D :skull:

I went to the local BMW bike dealership and tried on a new Schuberth helmet. I ordered one online from a place selling them half price at the moment. It arrived, I tried it on and it was just too tight, the lad tried it on and it fitted the little shit perfectly - so the mrs told me to give it to him. Dipping out phase one completed.

I had been dropping huuuugge hints about wanting A SUUNTO TRAVERSE ALPHA. Not complicated. I got an iPaddle. Allegedly when faced with three various versions of SUUNTO they got confused. Dipping out phase two complete.

Just to top it off the mrs has been using my new iPaddle all morning.

Last edited:
I went to the local BMW bike dealership and tried on a new Schuberth helmet. I ordered one online from a place selling them half price at the moment. It arrived, I tried it on and it was just too tight, the lad tried it on and it fitted the little shit perfectly - so the mrs told me to give it to him. Dipping out phase one completed.

I had been dropping huuuugge hints about wanting SUUNTO TRAVERSE ALPHA. Not complicated. I got an iPaddle. Allegedly when faced with three various versions of SUUNTO they got confused. Dipping out phase two complete.

Just to top it off the mrs has been using my new iPaddle all morning.

We need a commiserations button...

Schmoe

War Hero
Pack of 10 Turkey shooters.

Which are little rubber band like buggers.

After the ensuing fight, my brother is complaining about being shot in the eye, as is my wife.

Kind of an update on the nerf gun fight that we have annually.

Again, through hard work, I won, because I take headshots, even when they are not allowed.

endure

GCM
Booze
Food
Socks
:clap::applaud::applaud:

Latest Threads