Christmas haul 2018: Best, worst, and most pointless presents - who got what?

For reasons I can't be arsed to go into, I got fuckall this year.

Help me to enjoy the experience of festive acquisition, by proxy, by regailing me with your tales of Yuletide goodies. Also, I'm nosy. :santa:

Enough in the way of fine whiskies to last the year (which is a Good Thing), a bottle of Pol Roger courtesy of the Spectator subscription from Mrs WB (which is edging toward my middle parts now), and the Boy's old 'Fitbit' (he gets a new one) which will go into the drawer until I feel that I need it. And a piece of Falkland Islands mudstone, which I'd asked for from Santa, who made a special trip South for it.

Of all feckin' things, I "gratefully accepted" a bottle of Southern Comfort (the common fake) distilled in France and total shit-in-a-bottle that's never seen Memphis.
It even says on the rear label " None Genuine but Mine" FFS.:mad:
Don't even drink whisky.
Be careful when you (if you) buy this stuff.
It'll come in handy for sauces.

For reasons I can't be arsed to go into, I got fuckall this year.

Help me to enjoy the experience of festive acquisition, by proxy, by regailing me with your tales of Yuletide goodies. Also, I'm nosy. :santa:
Hope you bought fuck all then.
Good lad.

TamH70

MIA
I got a big bag of Celebration chocolates. Nice.

My present to myself was a new (to me) car and an early present last month was an acoustic guitar which I will now have to learn to play.

Splinter68

Swinger
My wife has had a brain wave this year she got me some Lego as a jokey gift (not the shite kits but the original collection of bricks and bits) guess what I've been doing all afternoon have not had so much fun since I was ten just got to make sure the grandchildren don't nick it now.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
PICT1442.JPG

WTF???!!!

Wine and lot's of Carluccio's goodies.

Travel books, 3 out of print books on Operation Avalanche, cook- books.

Lots of Dvds, some quite old, some modern........

My wife loves Christmas, and starts buying presents in the New Year sales, bless her.........

ugly

LE
Best the diamond sharpening stick I asked for. next best the waitrose own blend scotch I asked for. Worst the minime bought me a JD hipflask and a miniature. Thats going in the back of the cupboard for the week before payday when I feel a Fijian coming on!
Some other sh1t I suppose.

I got a petrol chainsaw. :)

Hope you didn't have the internal combustion version of 'batteries not included'? I'd want to be straight out into the back garden as soon as the last of the wrapping came off!

Truxx

LE
More socks than the b****t threads (good)

A book about sleep deprivation. Presumably to bore me to sleep when I can't actually sleep.(bad)

Yes that's right. A book telling you how important sleep is given, as a thoughtful present, to someone who does not sleep so well.

Latest Threads