Christmas grant leave........or lack of

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Boogieman, Dec 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it normal for a Units CO not to allow any 'grant' days off over a Christmas stand-down and making all leave submitted to be taken off the annual entitlement? I have been in the Army approximately 17 yrs and until recently, have never heard of a CO not giving any over that period. I am aware that it is at the COs disretion but it just seems ridiculous and cheap to me. 8O

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You do have grant days. Your annual leave is now 38 days, the extra 8 days is to cover public holidays.

3. Dont know about now, but when I was in it was the case that personnel would get amixture of grant/leave, but if they had kicked to ass out of annual leave in the summer and had nothing left for christmas, then they would be first point of call for christmas duties!

4. There's 4 public holidays over the Christmas leave period. When you submit your abscence request you put down the weekdays you're away minus 4. Simple. It's not as if your CO will be inputting your JPA leave of absence request.

5. OK on JPAnts you have your annual entitlement of 30 days and now an additional 8 grant days are automatically added.

So look again at your 09/10 entitlement and it should make sense.

6. Public holidays are included in the JPA Annual Leave Allowance, therefore should be included when submitting a leave request.

Grant days may be given, but are at the discretion of the CO, usually for an exceptional period of work, exercise, ops etc.

7. As stated, I realise that it is the COs discretion and that I realise that Bank holidays are included and added to the entitlement, taking it to 38 days. My post asked if the majority of Units / COs gave 'grant' leave over Christmas, as every Christmas I have seen in the Army, I have been given grant leave which is 'topped up' with annual leave.

Personally, it doesn't really bother me with that big fat wedge of REN leave sat in the 'bank'.........waiting :)

8. Has your Unit been very busy over last 18 months with people struggling to take leave entitlement? (What Units arent busy these days?!) It could just be the CO trying to bring everyones leave entitlement down so come APril when the figures for outstanding leave go up the CoC... He doesn't get a kicking!

9. 39 days left on my card. :)

10. Still got 14 days left on mine - and I've had 52 days of annual/ren/paternity leave aready ;)

11. 46, and I won't be able to take any of it by April, winner :twisted:

12. Christmas leave?Miss out on being served strong drink by your 'Seniors & betters?' on Christmas Day?What has the mob come to?(Gunfire?) :slow: :drunken:

13. This callsign will be doing "Gunfire" * at the Beach. The lucky lucky fellas.

*Cofftea with a bit of random rum. Imagine their faces when I give them a wake up call about half way down?

Dale xxx

14. Half way down what?

15. Shut it fatty, and step away from RHQ.

Or you will get nits.