Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas food shopping

Can't understand why so many people hate sprouts.... they're quite sweet these days.

After a lot of experimenting, I've settled on what works for me.

Clean the sprouts, put a cross in the bottom if big.

I use a tin pie dish which is perfect for a single layer...... put the dish in the medium hot oven with a knob of butter.

When melted, add the sprouts ( carrot batons can be added as well ), coat in butter, a squeeze of lemon, then cover tightly in foil.

Open after 30 minutes, should be tender and very tasty.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
I'm going to find a turkey dinner for one in about three hours.
1608805018531.png

Last edited:
Can't understand why so many people hate sprouts.... they're quite sweet these days.

After a lot of experimenting, I've settled on what works for me.

Clean the sprouts, put a cross in the bottom if big.

I use a tin pie dish which is perfect for a single layer...... put the dish in the medium hot oven with a knob of butter.

When melted, add the sprouts ( carrot batons can be added as well ), coat in butter, a squeeze of lemon, then cover tightly in foil.

Open after 30 minutes, should be tender and very tasty.
When I was a kid, my mother’s boss was doing a Masters in Genetics and tested our whole family of 5 for a specific gene mutation. We were split 3/2 between those of us who had it (or didn’t have it, I don’t remember which), which correlated perfectly with those of us who like brussels sprouts.

RTU'd

War Hero
Went to Tesco local at 0700 no queue as all the shoppers are still in bed.
BP-M&S heaving with food but no customers at 0715.
Got all I need, in fact got enough booze to keep me drunk till the 28th.

SWMBO always puts the Christmas Veggies on early. Usually just after my Birthday...in October..

Local Co-Op still got a sale on for Mince Pies and Christmas slices. Sadly no room in the freezer...

Latest Threads