christmas dinner

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jaya, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just my unit or is everyone else in the same boat! First we are told we weren't having the dinner, then we were told we were but cause we are on pay-as-you-starve we would have to pay for it! Eventually we got the dinner at no cost to us but it was disgusting processed food!
    Did anyone else have the same if so I think we should do something about it to keep the traditional soldiers lunch going before its too late!
  2. Why were you eating it in the first place? Ours always ends up getting thrown at the blokes we don't like (and the CO) :D
  3. What no more Catering Corps ? Didnt they used to put out some good chow ?
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oranges, tuba for chucking down personal issue 1 per diner, usage rate as soon as CO backs away past the band let rip!
  5. When we used to have our Xmas dinner in 5 AB the Brig would come along to judge the tables as we had to have a table decoration (bit like the bloody FFL with their crib scenes). There was the usual array of Hercs etc but our table had nothing on it, the Brig questioned us as to why we hadn't decorated our table but changed his mind when the stripper we'd hired got on it, surprisingly enough we won!
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Excellent! :D
  7. You're in the wrong job mate. It's just been revealed that the food budget for soldiers, at £1.63 per day, is marginally less than the food budget Metropolitan Police dogs.

The Navy does slightly better (cook goes overboard on a dark night if he serves up cr@p) on £1.78 per day.

But, with a messing allowance of a whopping, essential for democracy, because I'm worth it, twenty quid a day, our elected representatives can stuff themselves in the subsidised bars and restaurants of Parliament to the same extent as half a platoon of soldiers.

I'd recommend they are force fed the still-frozen bag mess that the wardroom at HMS Nelson used to serve up when I was there.

Attached Files:

8. they still can when on ex, never a job i could have done and the hours and graft they put in on ex/ops is still as much as any

but in camp they are civi's employed and payed :? by a corupt organisation NAAFI :x and for that reason a lot of the troops respect for them has disapeared along with a decent scoff
  9. our xmas dinner was slated for the second year running.
    we were then told we could go to a xmas dinner 30 miles away on our day off- if we takers they can stuff it the same as the turkey..
    we get nothing..from our bosses -if we want a staff party we have to sort it our selves..its nice to be appreciated..
  10. Cow

Cow LE

Our Xmas party is in some Hallal (Spelling) Kebab house in London, great when a load of us work in Birmingham. They also expect you to be on shift at the usual time if your on shift the next day (07:30). And they're not paying expenses. No ones going...
  11. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Vaguely interesting to note that the RAF cost nothing ... :? :wink:
  12. Eh? Click on the link. RAF get the same as the Army, £1.63 per day.
  13. blue-sophist

Damn ... missed that. Same as soldiers?

Woof woof ... 8O
  14. £20 ...... £20 ....... TWENTY FECKING POUNDS!!!!!!

Why are they getting £20 a day? or more to the point why are they not having a sandwich at their desk and doing a full days work!
  15. blue-sophist

Wine does not come cheaply, even at Tesco. Then there's corkage, staff wages, storage in appropriate cellarage, ... I'd say it was a bargain for an allowance for our hard-working .. loyal .. dedicated .. intelligent .. trustworthy .. Parliamentarians.

BTW, only the lucky ones get desks. The rest have to do Overseas Visits [Fact-finding, Consultation with Overseas colleagues, Conferences ... etc. etc.]. So not many of them get the Lunch Allowance after all ... 8)