Christmas Decorations up in the NAAFI

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by WitchfinderGeneral, Oct 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :rendeer: In a blinding move of retail genius the NAAFI have moved first on the Christmas market. The decorations are up and the Santa Fest is in full flow. Obviously this dynamic move must be some sort of climate change effect, I suspect that we will be having hogmanay next week and Easter just before Bonfire Night.

In truth, I would like to know who decided to bring the festive season forward to the start of Autumn, he’s obviously a talent wasted in the NAAFI and a job in the government would suit a forward thinker of this calibre.
  2. Maybe they didn't win, M&S in Wimbledon had Christmas minbce pies on display at the beginning of last week!
  3. This is because NAAFI now is a plaything of civvies (via several layers of separation) and any civvy retailer likes to get Christmas underway ASAP to maximise profits.
  4. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Maybe you just hadn't noticed that the spotty fcuktards hadn't taken down the decorations from last year and can't be 'bovvered' to do it now?

Just a thought judging against normal standards. Christ, they have got so low that even the Infantry wives don't work in there anymore!!! :wink: :thumright:
  5. Top idea, if they have got the Xmas stock in now then the brussels will be about edible at the end of Dec.

Maybe they have realised that we need to send a freebie to the sandpit.
  6. just last week? my store (M&S) is in its 3rd week of having X-mas stock out :p
  7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

8. I put my tree up in September, have done for years
  9. My first thoughts exactly;
    ''Don't worry son leave em up Christmas/Easter/fireworks will soon come round again''
  10. If a sensible chap like M_D_N does it in September then I cant see that the NAAFI are cuckoo for doing it in October. It gives everyone a reason to walk around p*ssed and wear stupid red hats anyway :pissed:
  11. I was in Asda on Saturday, and noticed that they have Xmas logs for sale with a best before date of 21/12/07. Clever or what?
  12. You always boycott the place until the Xmas decs are taken down until a more appropriate time - early December?
  13. Up where though? Sainsbury's in Chippenham opened its christmas front three weeks ago. It will be a long and arduous campaign this year...
  14. Is NAAFI still XL Leisure?
  15. The shops are currently in the process of being sold by the Spar (we're getting Sodhexo here - deep, deep joy).

The pubs/fast food outlets are also being sold off as part of the pay as you starve contracts.