Christmas Charity Auction - Combat Stress - Op Nimrod pics - ends 8th December 1700 UK time

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
As you may have noticed, auction activity for Holidays for Heroes has petered out this year, as people's needs change, and accordingly the organisation changes the way it operates and is funded. Peeps are still going on holidays to villas we have, but funding for flights and other stuff is now coming from elsewhere.

For this reason I have agreed with the donors of various items I have been given throughout the year that I will auction them for Combat Stress instead.

This is an auction item for anyone who was or thinks they were in the crowd on 'that' balcony. Kindly donated by @StBob072 I have two sets of three A4 photos from Op Nimrod, signed by Robin Horsfall. @StBob072 are you able to provide photos of the photos please? That might help buyers to decide.

The auction ends on 8th December, in plenty of time for the photos to reach you before Christmas.

Please make clear when you are bidding, whether you want set 1 or set 2.

A quick reminder of the auction rules will be posted shortly.

Final note - I don't have access to Combat Stress Bank Accounts. The winner would have to be honour-bound to donate as promised. The ghost of Sluggy will be called upon to haunt anyone who doesn't live up to expectation!!!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Please do not bid on an item if you either have no intention of seeing it through or are unable to make the payment for whatever reasons.

If I haven't heard from you within one month of your winning an auction, we will re-auction the item. We will contact you with reminders, but we need to bear in mind that the disappointed bidders might pay more promptly into a fund which has constant demands on it.

The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
However, if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer may decide the same
or may immediately put the lot up for sale again, and resell to the highest bidder.
The decision of the auctioneer shall be final and absolute.

Provided at the customer own risk, and to the maximum extent permitted by law,
the publisher hereby expressly disclaims all warranties or conditions of any kind,
written or oral, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation any implied warranty of title,
noninfringement, merchantability, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or fitness for a particular purpose.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
These are the signed pics I have, 2 of each:

balcony1.jpg
balcony2.jpg
balcony3.jpg

Apropos of nothing, I watched '6 days' on Netflix this morning. Worth a look if you haven't seen it before. Nothing fantastic but entertaining for an hour or so.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Apropos of nothing, I watched '6 days' on Netflix this morning. Worth a look if you haven't seen it before. Nothing fantastic but entertaining for an hour or so.

Does the entertainment derive from shouting "bollocks" and shaking your fist at the screen? I think it probably does for quite a few ...

Apart from that, are you interested in bidding for these sexy signed pics, which are a walter's wet dream, or not??

Does the entertainment derive from shouting "bollocks" and shaking your fist at the screen? I think it probably does for quite a few ...
Nope, not having been alive to enjoy the live show the film was pretty accurate compared to news footage and accounts of Nimrod I've read.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope, not having been alive to enjoy the live show the film was pretty accurate compared to news footage and accounts of Nimrod I've read.
Are you going to cough up for a good cause, or just twaddle on about a dubious film?

Are you going to cough up for a good cause, or just twaddle on about a dubious film?
I put in a throwaway comment about a relevant film. You're the one dragging it out and filling the thread with it rather than just ignoring it ;)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I put in a throwaway comment about a relevant film. You're the one dragging it out and filling the thread with it rather than just ignoring it ;)

Absolutely. No such thing as bad publicity. :p

Absolutely. No such thing as bad publicity. :p
Fair enough. I've just put 20 quid in the combat stress pot, I don't want the pictures but consider that a start to the bidding.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair enough. I've just put 20 quid in the combat stress pot, I don't want the pictures but consider that a start to the bidding.
Good man. I've supported and collected for Combat Stress for a few years now, so I'm pleased that GRB is involved as Auctioneer Supremo for this cause.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Final note - I don't have access to Combat Stress Bank Accounts. The winner would have to be honour-bound to donate as promised. The ghost of Sluggy will be called upon to haunt anyone who doesn't live up to expectation!!!
I am happy to pay monies into Combat Stress account as I do this frequently, and they always send a kind letter of acknowledgement, if this will suffice as a receipt?

Or it may be easier to simply PM the account details to the lucky bidder.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Most kind, thank you. Can we mull over by PM and come up with a solution by Sunday next?

I have some other lovely auction items. In a box. In the garage. With many other boxes. Which hubby has shifted several times since I put them there...

Wait out!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Most kind, thank you. Can we mull over by PM and come up with a solution by Sunday next?

I have some other lovely auction items. In a box. In the garage. With many other boxes. Which hubby has shifted several times since I put them there...

Wait out!
Yes certainly we can. PM inbound...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
So, we have no bidders yet on Lot 1, and a top bid on Lot 2 of £12.80.

Let's hope some RA arrsers join in, with much larger calibre of weapons.

(Says she, sitting wearing an SLR t-shirt which is now several sizes too big!)

Latest Threads