Christmas carols

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, difficult to avoid at this time of year, I know.

I've always been partial to a bit of carol singing, but having just heard Peter warlock's "Bethlehem Down" I wonder how many know the origins of this haunting song (one of my favourites and worth a listen , especially King's College rendition).

Apparently Warlock (real name Philip Heseltine) and a mate were down on their luck and decided to enter a carol competition organised by a national newspaper. They won, and went on a mighty alcoholic bender on the proceeds. Warlock later topped himself by sticking his head in a gas oven.

Happy Christmas.

Yeah, difficult to avoid at this time of year, I know.

I've always been partial to a bit of carol singing, but having just heard Peter warlock's "Bethlehem Down" I wonder how many know the origins of this haunting song (one of my favourites and worth a listen , especially King's College rendition).

Apparently Warlock (real name Philip Heseltine) and a mate were down on their luck and decided to enter a carol competition organised by a national newspaper. They won, and went on a mighty alcoholic bender on the proceeds. Warlock later topped himself by sticking his head in a gas oven.

Happy Christmas.
I have no idea what your cryptic message means but I thought it was ******* funny.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Biffta112 Seniors 1
T Miscellaneous Jokes 1
Litotes The Intelligence Cell 6