Christmas Carols and Hymns

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Litotes, Dec 25, 2009.

?
  1. Do Nothing?

9.1%
  2. Ban all carol and hymn singing?

36.4%
  3. Incorporate choral singing into the Moral Understanding ITD?

18.2%
  4. Form the Queen's Choral Battalion?

27.3%
  5. Pay trade pay to qualified choral singers?

9.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I originally wrote most of this article a while ago but spiked it because it didn’t seem right to comment at that time. But things have moved on and the examples of military carol singing broadcast by the media this year have been excruciatingly bad! The BBC even broadcast an execrable performance by a group of in-theatre Medics who alleged, on camera, that they had formed a choir. I’ve seen some half-colonels be economical with the truth but only in closed meetings; rarely, if ever, on prime time television!!!

Please vote after reading my proposals!

So, there you are. My detailed plans are available for anyone who wishes to run this proposal up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it. I have put on my helmet, gargled with some tincture, fastened my flak jacket, dug a deep trench and covered it with a large piece of wriggly tin! Over to you! I do realise that someone will pop up and accuse me of being a Choral Walt, but I write with some authority because I sang Once in David’s Royal City in front of the school at the age of 11. I sang well and was on my way to a glittering career in the Choir at Cambridge until my voice broke... :D

Litotes

2. Watching soldiers sing xmas carols makes my skin crawl. I would wager most who are singing them don't want to and many don't even believe in this so called god who has done fcukall for anyone except make the church rich and make kids bottoms wider.

3. Make it into a WHO sings best with 10 cases of beer contest for the winners,stand back,and RESULT,all of them will sing their little socks of

4. Surely frequent compulsory Church parades would solve the prob of not knowing the words, and would also act as the trial for who gets to sing representationally.

5. FINE! But why bother God on one of his busy days?

6. Strangely, there's a couple I like the sound of. Stille Nacht, being the one that gets under my skin! Don't know why, just does.

Yes, I know it's not quite what this thread is about...

7. I'd rather take my chances with the AGAI on the Monday morning than parade on a Sunday to listen to a peado tell fairy stories.