Christmas Cake

Discussion in 'Christmas Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Nov 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

In this auction you may bid for a Christmas Cake made by me. I'll do my best to get it to you in one piece.

The lot includes postage to UK address or it can be collected from a mutually convenient location (that would be roughly between Camberley, Dorchester, Upavon and Bournemouth). Apologies to BFPO bidders, but I can't offer this to you.

It has all the usual ingredients, with the addition of rum and the removal of candied peel, a vile substance that has no place in a cake!

The auction will run until
    Friday, 7th December at 1800 hours (UK Time)

All proceeds to Holidays4Heroes.
    By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you agree to abide by the Auction Rules.​

Attached Files:

2. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, Jarrod.
  3. £10 for the phonetic alphabet mug :)

... if it's for sale (don't like cake)
  4. Grownup_Rafbrat

For sale? It's part of my education is that mug! ( if you really really want one).

Any more bids for the cake?
  5. Why can't you send it to BFPO addresses. A mate of mine has just sent me a parcel, and the post office said it was free of charge to send!
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

It's not the price, it's the possibility of its arrival as cake crumbs that I'm worried about!
  7. I'd still ******* eat it!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I posted Christmas cakes last year. As long as it weighs less than 2kg and is carefully packed.
  9. Grownup_Rafbrat

I'll weigh it when I get home, and see whether I feel I can risk sending it to BFPO on the proviso that crumbs are edible.
  10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Well I haven't been home and had a chance to weigh it yet! I'll try to do it when I get home from setting up the stall this afternoon.
  11. You're stalling :p
  12. Grownup_Rafbrat

That was last evening, when I spent three hours to move 4 miles along the M3 due to a shed load of nails. I have to crave your patience; I do have a paid job, which gets in the way of fundraising!