christmas boxes to troops on Herrick

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by swedusthebleep, Nov 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every year at xmas my Mum sends a small box of goodies to a random soldier on operations - something she has done since I joined up.
    This year she went down the post office and the girl behind the counter was less than helpful to say the least.
    Long and short of it - does anyone know the correct postal address for free packages to send out to Op Herrick?
    Many thanks in advance.
  2. Just Pm'd you with the address i have.

It should be free if under 2kg , that BFPO comes up free anyway!

hope it helps!
  3. STB,

The link below will give you all the info you need. And well done both you and your Mum.

4. Thanks for that guys - many thanks from my mum.
  5. During Telic when sending packages to my brother I was told in no uncertain terms that if the package wasn't named to a specific person, the PO would not take it for free. So 'A Soldier' packages would need to have postage paid...
  6. The guys I've sent packages to are back now but if you know of anyone in Afghanistan or Iraq who would like a christmas package can you please let me have their names or ask them to PM me.

7. Me too. I have the RM name for Afghanistan from the other thread but would appreciate a name for a couple of people in Iraq.

8. got some boxes ready to go any names to send to would be good.
  9. I am getting some names sent to me by the local branch of the RBL, who I think have been in touch with the MOD so once they are in I will let you know.
  10. Hi All, I'm an ACF instructor (say no more) and looking at sending a christmas box to a sandy place for a random soldier.

I know the basic stuff to put in and how to send it, although I see you need to put a name on it. Can anyone provide me a name/address to address the parcel to or at least advice on how to do so.

Many thanks

11. Did anyone get anywhere with finding out an address for sending parcels to unknown soldiers? Getting close to christmas and have a few friends who have parcels ready and waiting but dont know where to send them.
  12. Hi I am organising a collection at my work to send parcels of goodies out to the troops. As you cannot send to 'a soldier' all parcels must be sent to a named person. Is there anyone who can direct me towards a contact in the Edinburgh area who can help me send some parcels on before xmas.
  13. anyone with parcels to send look at SOS support our soldiers if you e-mail karen or agnes from the links on this site they may be able to help. if parcels have not got a solders name, a customs slip and a return address they will NOT be accepted.
  14. I hope you're wrong about the return address because our post office told us it wasn't required.

We did the customs declarations.

I got some help from folks down the pub this year who raised £200 so with a bit from my shooting mates and what I put in it came to about £350 Still haven't added all the receipts up!

We sent 43 boxes in 24 parcels to a local lad and his mates in 40 Cdo on Herrick. Should keep them busy!