Christmas arguement saving device

Every year I invite family and friends to enjoy a nice Turkey Dinner at my place, knowing how some don't get on, I always dictate who sits next to who, who sits opposite who ect, just to keep the peace and promote a happy buzz with no agro. How do I do this without telling people where to sit and making it a bit dictorial, with place names with humour of course.

first cut some wood blocks 45mm by 35mm, put a saw cut at the back for the name card to slot into.
blocks.jpg

then grab some Lego figures from the toy,box thrift, second hand..shop, bearing in mind, this is the perfect oportunity to tell everybody just how you see them, for example my Mother is an ice monster, My Father-in-law a high court judge, here's some examples of how they can look, you are only limited by your imagination. You could have a theme like Lego star wars, but who gets to be Darth Vader?
lego place names.jpg

daz

LE
Every year I invite family and friends to enjoy a nice Turkey Dinner at my place, knowing how some don't get on, I always dictate who sits next to who, who sits opposite who ect, just to keep the peace and promote a happy buzz with no agro. How do I do this without telling people where to sit and making it a bit dictorial, with place names with humour of course.

first cut some wood blocks 45mm by 35mm, put a saw cut at the back for the name card to slot into.
View attachment 435462

then grab some Lego figures from the toy,box thrift, second hand..shop, bearing in mind, this is the perfect oportunity to tell everybody just how you see them, for example my Mother is an ice monster, My Father-in-law a high court judge, here's some examples of how they can look, you are only limited by your imagination. You could have a theme like Lego star wars, but who gets to be Darth Vader?
View attachment 435463
Bugger that, I've booked 4 days in a hotel in the Cotswolds over Christmas just to avoid the relatives

daz

LE
I've told them that i'm getting banged up for selling dangerous toys and inflammable roasting tins
Might work, but I think my long haired CO & DD's 1 & 2 might object to being banged up in the nick as accessories....still, its cheaper than the New Forrest, plus there's no in-laws or washing up in sight :)

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Might work, but I think my long haired CO & DD's 1 & 2 might object to being banged up in the nick as accessories....still, its cheaper than the New Forrest, plus there's no in-laws or washing up in sight :)

Ha ha, I didn't say I WAS getting banged up.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bugger that, I've booked 4 days in a hotel in the Cotswolds over Christmas just to avoid the relatives
I just told them we were thinking of heading away for Christmas and that was enough to throw the elder Fanglets into a fit.

It's not as if they don't have degrees and their own homes!
Fed up with them drinking and eating me out of house and home

daz

LE
I just told them we were thinking of heading away for Christmas and that was enough to throw the elder Fanglets into a fit.

It's not as if they don't have degrees and their own homes!
Fed up with them drinking and eating me out of house and home
I feel your pain :)

Some barbed wire around the house along with this sign outside might stop them entering Fort Fang

achtung-minen.jpg

Latest Threads