Christina Schmid on Jezza Vines Radio 2 in nxt 1hr

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
Looking forward to the documentary this evening. Mrs. Schmid was excellent on R4 Today too.

Not the BBC plugging their own programmes in the name of 'news', is it? I hope not, as there is obviously something needing to be done, when the 'boss of the IED forces' has resigned today.
 
#4
Just listened to her on R2. She is proving to be as much an inspiration as her late husband.

Her story continues to be emotional and she paints a picture of how all the forces have been starved of kit and funding - not just the specialists. More fact about too few people, too few suitable armoured vehicles,too few helicopters and kit well past its sell-by date.

It was moving to hear about her getting Oz's zippo back - it brings to mind so many hours in ICPs with ATs and their vile roll-up cigarettes. It's suddenly got all dusty here - stay safe guys!
 
#7
She no longer speaks as a "wife of", but more like a spokesperson. I just wonder who is giving her all the facts and figures. Hmmm, interesting.
 
#8
Wishful_Thinking said:
She no longer speaks as a "wife of", but more like a spokesperson. I just wonder who is giving her all the facts and figures. Hmmm, interesting.
The Sun, The Mirror and anyone else who pays for her to have a new wardrobe?
 
#9
Even though listening to her interview on R2 earlier she basically was re-addressing previous interview input, the feedback from listeners interesting also,

Panorama should be humbling but interesting to watch hopefully
 
#10
1. I am confident she was well briefed, by Oz, on the satphone.

2. She does not strike me as being the kind of lady to be doing this for personal gain (are you mixing her up with the Fat Ginger Slapper who featured in the next Jezza piece?)

3. That show will be available online via BBC iPlayer for 7 days, starting soon after the live edition ends.
 
#11
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Wishful_Thinking said:
She no longer speaks as a "wife of", but more like a spokesperson. I just wonder who is giving her all the facts and figures. Hmmm, interesting.
The Sun, The Mirror and anyone else who pays for her to have a new wardrobe?
Are you seriously upset about the accuracy of what she has to say or are you just being "controversial"?
Genuine question.

I didn't hear the interview but I am curious whether your hostility is genuine or just internet banter.
 
#12
jagman said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Wishful_Thinking said:
She no longer speaks as a "wife of", but more like a spokesperson. I just wonder who is giving her all the facts and figures. Hmmm, interesting.
The Sun, The Mirror and anyone else who pays for her to have a new wardrobe?
Are you seriously upset about the accuracy of what she has to say or are you just being "controversial"?
Genuine question.

I didn't hear the interview but I am curious whether your hostility is genuine or just internet banter.
No hostility from me. Just a genuine interest on how she is so well informed.
 
#13
Wishful_Thinking said:
jagman said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Wishful_Thinking said:
She no longer speaks as a "wife of", but more like a spokesperson. I just wonder who is giving her all the facts and figures. Hmmm, interesting.
The Sun, The Mirror and anyone else who pays for her to have a new wardrobe?
Are you seriously upset about the accuracy of what she has to say or are you just being "controversial"?
Genuine question.

I didn't hear the interview but I am curious whether your hostility is genuine or just internet banter.
No hostility from me. Just a genuine interest on how she is so well informed.
Sorry WT, should have been clearer, it was more directed at TLF.
As I said, I didn't hear the interview but I am interested why Flashy is un-impressed.
 
#14
jagman said:
Sorry WT, should have been clearer, it was more directed at TLF.
As I said, I didn't hear the interview but I am interested why Flashy is un-impressed.
No hostility on my part either, jag. Nothing against her and its valiant that she's fighting the cause of her hubby etc but shes turning in to a media puppet aimed against the MoD. A lot of her info is media based and not 'inside info' based which means shes just helping the media sell papers.
 
#15
Would you rather she breached the OSA and put her dead husband's colleagues at risk?

She displayed a lot of control in her radio interview, she clearly knows more but is being responsible. It is always a fine line how much you release in public. Trust me I have walked that line.

Why don't you hold the criticism until we all see what effect she can have?
Or at least until you have seen the prog tonight? Her husband only died a few months ago, IMO your judgement is harsh in the extreme, but you are entitled to your view.
 
#16
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
jagman said:
Sorry WT, should have been clearer, it was more directed at TLF.
As I said, I didn't hear the interview but I am interested why Flashy is un-impressed.
No hostility on my part either, jag. Nothing against her and its valiant that she's fighting the cause of her hubby etc but shes turning in to a media puppet aimed against the MoD. A lot of her info is media based and not 'inside info' based which means shes just helping the media sell papers.
Ahhh fair enough.
If,on balance, her input is beneficial to how the public perceive events in Afghanistan then I suppose her voice helping to sell papers is incedental.
We all know the media's interest is self serving but if Mrs Schmid's voice has a positive effect then it can only be good.
I gather she is no fool and is probably well aware of the motives of the media.
 
#17
Yeah wor lass from Blythe has been invited by the Blythe Standard to give an update on the current deployment of the Brigade on Op Herrick 12.

She is then appearing on The Andrew Marr Show next week to give an intel brief on SF taskings in Helmand and the political situation in the region and how it affects our forces. Being an Army wife she is fully aware of all issues regarding the deployment in Afghanistan and she should be able to offer some sound advice to CDS and CGS.

When I tried to call her on the SATFONE from theatre her mutha said she had gone out to Primark to get a new dress for the programme on Sunday.
 
#19
nark said:
Yeah wor lass from Blythe has been invited by the Blythe Standard to give an update on the current deployment of the Brigade on Op Herrick 12.

She is then appearing on The Andrew Marr Show next week to give an intel brief on SF taskings in Helmand and the political situation in the region and how it affects our forces. Being an Army wife she is fully aware of all issues regarding the deployment in Afghanistan and she should be able to offer some sound advice to CDS and CGS.

When I tried to call her on the SATFONE from theatre her mutha said she had gone out to Primark to get a new dress for the programme on Sunday.
Lucky you, you've got yourself a bright one there. Owa lass doesn't even know what unit i am with, when asked by a friend she replied, dunno but he wears a black beret. We have been married 21 years of my 22 year service. She asked how i went from Sgt straight to WO2, she didn't think that happened, i replied 'i have been a SSgt for the last 2 years me little puddle duck', she didn't believe me.

As far as she is concerned i am now part of 16 Arial Regt and i wear a purple hat.

As for Christina Scmid, i am in two minds, i think she is brave, intelligent and level headed, she has handled her husbands death with a lot of dignity, but the media are c@@cks and i just hope it doesn't backfire on her
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads