• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Christian foster mother struck off after Muslim girl convert

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
A foster mother with 10 years' experience was struck off after a Muslim girl in her care converted to Christianity, it has emerged.

he woman has been banned by her local council for failing to prevent the teenager from getting baptised, even though the girl was 16 and made up her own mind to change religion.

The carer, a churchgoer in her 50s who has fostered more than 80 children, has now been forced to move out of her home.

She has lost the farmhouse she rented to look after vulnerable teenagers, due to the loss of income.

Another girl she was looking after has been taken back into care.

The woman, who has launched a legal challenge to the council's challenge, told the Daily Telegraph: "I just want to get my life back.

"I still hope to resolve this so that I can possibly foster again in the future as I simply enjoy helping young people."

Religious groups and fostering charities condemned the council's decision, which comes amid a nationwide shortage of foster parents.

Last year the Fostering Network launched an urgent appeal for more than 5,000 families to come forward.

The ruling has increased concerns that Christians are becoming victims of discrimination in Britain, following the case of Caroline Petrie, the nurse suspended for offering to pray for a patient.

She was subsequently reinstated.

The foster mother, who cannot be named for legal reasons, insists that she did not pressurise the teenager to convert, and actually tried to discourage her initial interest.

The girl, who is now 17, was taken into care after being assaulted by a family member, saw baptism "as a washing away of the horrible things she had been through and a symbol of a new start," the woman said.

"I offered her alternatives. I offered to find her places to practise her own religion.

"I offered to take her to friends or family. But she said to me from the word go: 'I am interested and I want to come [to church]'."

The carer claims that social services were aware that the girl was attending her evangelical church, and council bosses only objected when she they found out she had been baptised.

Apostasy – the repudiation of one's faith – is strongly condemned in the Koran and is considered taboo in Muslim communities.

Officials advised the teenager to reconsider her decision and stop attending Christian meetings, and in November struck the carer off their register, claiming she breached her duty of care as a foster parent.

"They consider that in some way she should have taken steps to prevent the conversion," said solicitor Nigel Priestley, who is representing the carer.

He is demanding a judicial review into the council's decision, claiming they have breached Article 9 of the Human Rights Act, which guarantees freedom of religion for both the carer and the girl.

He said that the teenager, who is now back with her parents, was "distressed" that her private faith had had such repercussions, and is supporting her former carer's legal bid.

Mike Judge of the Christian Institute, which is funding the carer's legal case, said: "I cannot imagine that an atheist foster carer would be struck off if a Christian child in her care stopped believing in God.

"This is the sort of double standard that Christians are facing in Britain."

Mr Priestley said that the council had now offered to review its decision, but said his client was prepared to pursue legal action if her case was not resolved.

The council in the north of Englandm, which also cannot be named, declined to comment on "sensitive issues surrounding a child in care".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...er-struck-off-after-Muslim-girl-converts.html

evangelical church
Fundamentalist God Botherers. Well known to bang on about it at the drop of a hat. Well known in North America for going all over the world Proseletysing the 'word of Jesus' in places where you could get killed for such things.

Apostasy – the repudiation of one's faith – is strongly condemned in the Koran and is considered taboo in Muslim communities.
Understatement of the year. In Islam, it attracts the death sentence.

Touchy subject this, to be sure. Now she has invoked article 9, this will put the Council in a real bind. They will (rightly) appear to be biased and prejudicial towards 'minority' faiths if they maintain their ruling, but on the other hand will incite the rabble rousers who think there is some underhanded Liabour conspiracy to stab Christians the back at the expense of everyone else.

Wonder if Cherie 'champion of human rights - for a huge amout of public cash' B-Liar will wade into this one? I'm sure the Daily Mail will be banging on about it for weeks too.

Why sack her?

Have bosses and local leaders lost the ability to reprimand people for their behaviour in other ways. Fancy sacking someone at a time when every other poor fcuker is losing their jobs and can't get new ones because there are none to be had.

Why someone should have to go through that everytime they do something the PC Mongs aren't happy about is beyond me.

New Labour - Cross us and We'll make you fcuking starve to death!!!

Closet_Jibber said:
Why sack her?

Have bosses and local leaders lost the ability to reprimand people for their behaviour in other ways. Fancy sacking someone at a time when every other poor fcuker is losing their jobs and can't get new ones because there are none to be had.

Why someone should have to go through that everytime they do something the PC Mongs aren't happy about is beyond me.

New Labour - Cross us and We'll make you fcuking starve to death!!!
Well it worked for the Nazis and Communists, why shouldn't it work for New Labour.

Fire up the bus, I'll be on it manning the Gimpy.

Fcuking lefties will be the absolute death of this country, although I would imagine that Ashie will be piling in sometime soon telling us that the woman should be burned at the stake for being "None PC"

BiscuitsAB

LE
love th eway threads attract relevant adverts now, at the bottom right of the page mine currently says "Become a Foster Parent" hamphire needs foster parents like you. learn more about it here.

Nah trust me you don't want me as a foster parent, I'll **** the kids up. I'll have them thinking for themselves, instill some self discipline and promote the concept of individual responsibility and finish it off with a good old fashioned dose of "if you believe in yourself and you put in the effort you can reach your goals"

BiscuitsAB said:
love th eway threads attract relevant adverts now, at the bottom right of the page mine currently says "Become a Foster Parent" hamphire needs foster parents like you. learn more about it here.
I'm getting a Muslim dating service..... 8O

BiscuitsAB said:

Nah trust me you don't want me as a foster parent, I'll * the kids up. I'll have them thinking for themselves, instill some self discipline and promote the concept of individual responsibility and finish it off with a good old fashioned dose of "if you believe in yourself and you put in the effort you can reach your goals"
I thought you were going to finish on:

"and I'll finish off by giving them a dose"

Although it would have been funnier it might have prevented you getting the job.

However as we're oozing with qualified, experienced people in this country we can afford to sack the good old school ones.

:roll:

petergriffen said:
BiscuitsAB said:
I'm getting a Muslim dating service..... 8O
I got a Christian dating service called ChristianMingle and yes I did read it wrong the first time :D

Closet_Jibber said:
Single Muslim . Com

Get in there!
A truly wondrous site, bringing together like minded people for the purposes of matrimony, visas and being burned alive by faulty paraffin stoves.

If you disbelieve me, cast your eye over a few success stories.

Here we see Khaled and Sabina. Khaled is smiling because he's a suspected al-Qaeda terrorist who was previously barred from entry to the UK. They can't keep him out now he's got a British wife. Khaled is in for a surprise though when he finally gets Sabina's burkah off on the wedding night and discovers that his 'wife' is actually a hairy arrsed transvestite from Bradford.

Here is Karwan and his beautiful wife Rahima. With a five o'clock shadow that a Flymo couldn't shift, she's certainly got something that few other girls can offer. Shortly after the marriage ceremony, Karwan spoke through tears of joy to tell us 'Feckin' hell. I've just married Desperate Dan'.

Would such a bruhaha have ensued had the foster parent been Muslim and the (Christian) child converted to Islam? I... think... fcuking... not! It'd have been hearty back slaps all 'round and mucho diversity boxes ticked.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
The child will be molested by her minister, then kidnapped, raped and set on fire before being stabbed to death by her muslim relatives, and the carer, jobless and homeless will live like a hobo on the streets before spilling too much meths over her string-tied hobo blanket and accidentally burning herself to death inside a p!ss-soaked cardboard box.

That'll learn 'em to play with religion - it's EVIL!

If the Foster parent can honestly say "I didn't influence the child in anyway", and by the look of it, she tried to keep the girl in her existing faith (which is surely just as bad as facilitating a new faith if the girl wanted to try new faiths?) thenwhat is the problem?

Key point in the article
"The girl, who is now 17, was taken into care after being assaulted by a family member, saw baptism "as a washing away of the horrible things she had been through and a symbol of a new start," the woman said."

Now we don't know what prompted the assault, but maybe the girl has become slightly dischuffed with her religion because of this beating, and has sought a new religion?

What is wrong with that?

Or we could cast the foster parent on the pyres of rightousness because of it FFS>

The council in the north of Englandm, which also cannot be named, declined to comment on "sensitive issues surrounding a child in care".

Gets better and better, even the Council doesn't want to be named I am not at all surprised cretins and muppets the lot of them!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-trying-axe-separate-assemblies-Muslims.html

A primary school headteacher has resigned after Muslim parents protested over plans to scrap separate faith assemblies for their children. Soon after taking over at the school Julia Robinson told staff she wanted to hold assemblies for all pupils, which would encompass all faiths.

The practise is common in most schools and after taking advice from the local authority, Ms Robinson set up a working party to look at alternatives. But their work was stopped after a number of parents at Meersbrook Bank Primary Community in Sheffield complained about the plans.

Mrs Robinson was accused of being racist and following the complaints she was away from her post for most of last year. She was due to make a phased return to her duties this term. But again there were protests from some parents when they heard she would be coming back.

Mrs Robinson resigned from her job and the school's chair of governors Sarah Browton also quit in support. A member of staff who asked not to be named said: 'The headteacher inherited the separate assemblies when she started the job and she took careful advice from the authority on what to do about them.

'But when she tried to stop them, feeling they did nothing to promote inclusiveness, she was accused of being a racist.

'She wanted to hold assemblies for all the pupils, which would include all faiths. That is what happens in most schools but some parents wanted things to stay as they were.

'Mrs Robinson was under a lot of pressure and wasn't at school for some time. The plan was for her to come back but again some of the parents put a stop to that.

'Many of us here just feel this is all very wrong. Everyone was told that we had to heal and we had to move on. There's now an interim head in place and that situation could drag on for some time to come.'

'The feeling is that Julia was doing the right thing and went through all the right routes as to what she was trying to do. The aim was for inclusion there's no other school we know that has separate assemblies like these.'

'The buzzword from the authority at the moment is all about community cohesion but there is little cohesion at this school. The staff are very upset at what has happened.'

A Sheffield Council spokeswoman said: 'We can confirm that the headteacher of Meersbrook Bank Primary School has tendered her resignation for her post which has been accepted.

'Parents have been made aware of the matter and temporary arrangements are in place until a new headteacher is appointed.'

Acting chair of governors Rob Stephens added: 'We would like to thank her for her work at the school, and wish her well for the future.

'Mrs Pamela Smith has been appointed as the lead teacher.'

After taking over at Meersbrook Mrs Robinson outlined her plans for the future for the 115 year old school on its website.

On it she said : 'We have launched the new school year by reviewing and rewriting our school vision and aims. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our community and our family feel.'

This is all very silly. I converted to Christianity from atheism when I was 14. I went to a Christian boarding school and they never made an attempt to 'convert' us, just made us go to Mass once a week which we just sat through getting some extra kip. I supposed i'd better e-mail my old housemaster and warn him, just in case in right-on types try it on with the school.

Surely this is just one over-reaction too far?

Latest Threads