Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Christian Eriksen collapses

If you are not directly helping the casualty - move away.
There are other important things to be done.

Usually you have to keep going with what you have left.
It seemed fairly obvious to me and I would have thought most people that his teams mates formed a barrier around him to give him some privacy from the prying eyes of the media (television cameras & long lens photo journalists) as well as the crowd with their camera phones, whilst he was receiving emergency life-saving medical treatment.

Do you want a medal?

I don't care if you're 30 or 90, you're coming off as a wholesome prick and everyone on this thread seems to have the same opinion.

Muppet.
I'm not sure I'd go that far. While I don't agree with @medwaymud he has argued his point sensibly and engaged with other people. Compared to some of the deranged shit-flinging on other threads this has been a model of reasoned argument.

Right, I've finished being a patronising twat.

If it was on the high street in any city he'd be twitching his last surrounded by vultures filming it on their phones.

As it is, the players seem to have made an effort to give the response team some privacy while they worked, shielded from the phone vultures.

The team may have acted in line with a club policy.
I can almost certainly say that, no club or international team has a policy or SOPs for teammates behaviour, whilst one of them is laying on the pitch dying.

I can almost certainly say that, no club or international team has a policy or SOPs for teammates behaviour, whilst one of them is laying on the pitch dying.
I'm not sure that "metaphorically shit yourself, get out of the medics' way and do whatever seems like a good idea after that" need to be formalised into an official policy myself.

Wrong. I think it's appendix VII after what to do in the event of a meteorite hitting the pitch (VI) and preceding what to do in the event of an alien spacecraft landing (VIII)

No chance he'll be signing for us, we only sign the stiffs here at Sunderland.

( dry humour before any knicker wetters get all hot and bothered, obviously I wish him and his family all the best and a full recovery. )

I am 64.
That is 32 years more of life happening to you - most good, inevitably some bad- all of it adds to ones attitude.

I am not bitter, see both my beloved kids often, and fill in the rest of the time huntinshootinfishin growing stuff and watching Rugby in the pub.
And here on Arrse obvs.

I say again - where / when have you ever seen that response before ?

I haven't in twice your span of years.

It feels .... false.
I've done it.

Not quite the same scenario as it was while kayaking and I hadn't cut my mate free of the tree and fishing line fast enough. He was already dead, but we formed a barrier while the rescue team pulled him up the river bank until they got him covered over.

The local press reporter who had arrived (only one who had got their in time) realised what we were doing and why and joined the end of the line.

But hey, what do I know.

No chance he'll be signing for us, we only sign the stiffs here at Sunderland.

( dry humour before any knicker wetters get all hot and bothered, obviously I wish him and his family all the best and a full recovery. )
I was hoping he’d return to Spurs. They way our transfers have been lately we will likely now sign him for £50 million.

Wrong. I think it's appendix VII after what to do in the event of a meteorite hitting the pitch (VI) and preceding what to do in the event of an alien spacecraft landing (VIII)
They haven't got round to writing the 'England win on penalties' appendix as that's still less likely to happen than alien invasion.