Christian Eriksen collapses

his team mates may have wanted to provide some privacy in what could have been his final few moments on earth.

Nah, they were auctioning off his worldly goods, it’s what he would have wanted.

Ritch

LE
How old are you ?
Is this the first time you have seen someone go down hard on a sports field and require immediate medical attention?
(Professional or amateur Sport are equally relevant.)

In a military situation you prevent bleeding out until a Medic arrives - then go and join the rest in all round defence.

In an eg rta civvy situation you try and stop someone bleeding out - and then stop other vehicles piling in and making it worse.

In this Footie situation - what is that circle of team mates doing ? Nothing of any practical use.
Why have you not seen this response in sport before ?
Who knows ? My best guess is Pro Footballers are employed for their sporting ability - not their intellect.

Get down on one knee.....

How old am I? I'm 32. How old are you? Because you're coming across as a old man who has to piss and moan at everything.

Now if you've quite finished frothing at the mouth look at it this way - would you rather his team mates just stand there, obviously upset or would you like to see some coming together to grant Eriksen some privacy from the media whilst he is fighting for his life?

Last edited:
How old am I? I'm 32. How old are you? Because you're coming across as a old man who has to piss and moan at everything?

Now if you've quite finished frothing at the mouth look at it this way - would you rather his team mates just stand there, obviously upset or would you like to see some coming together to grant Eriksen some privacy from the media whilst he is fighting for his life?

I am 64.
That is 32 years more of life happening to you - most good, inevitably some bad- all of it adds to ones attitude.

I am not bitter, see both my beloved kids often, and fill in the rest of the time huntinshootinfishin growing stuff and watching Rugby in the pub.
And here on Arrse obvs.

I say again - where / when have you ever seen that response before ?

I haven't in twice your span of years.

It feels .... false.

I am 64.
That is 32 years more of life happening to you - most good, inevitably some bad- all of it adds to ones attitude.

I am not bitter, see both my beloved kids often, and fill in the rest of the time huntinshootinfishin growing stuff and watching Rugby in the pub.
And here on Arrse obvs.

It feels .... false.

It reminded me of when FM Guthrie took a tumble and the old bill surrounded him.

It feels .... false.
I've seen something similar several times in Judo when someone has been injured and a whole dojo has turned to face the walls to give the injured person a bit of privacy. Not quite the same thing but then the injuries were fractures and dislocations which were in no way life threatening.

I can't help feeling if his teammates had stood about somewhere else on the pitch someone else would be moaning about the lack of sportsmanship, prioritising the win over their teammate's health or even accusing them of faking CPR to get tactics passed down from the manager.

As long as they weren't getting in the way of the medical staff I don't see the issue. If it was me on the floor I'd rather have my teammates clustered around me than halfway down the pitch.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
How old are you ?
Is this the first time you have seen someone go down hard on a sports field and require immediate medical attention?

In a military situation you prevent bleeding out until a Medic arrives - then go and join the rest in all round defence.

In an eg rta civvy situation you try and stop someone bleeding out - and then stop other vehicles piling in and making it worse.

In this Footie situation - what is that circle of team mates doing ? Nothing of any practical use.
Who knows ? My best guess is Pro Footballers are employed for their sporting ability - not their intellect.

Do be a love.

They were trying to ensure privacy at a time that may have been an ending of life event.

As for taking a knee, your attitude speaks volumes about you.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
How old are you ?

You are way off on your assumption mate. You don't give CPR to someone for nothing. He was also zapped with a defib kit. The captain was switched on and made sure Ericsen didn't swallow his tongue. He also told his team mates to make a ring around him because it was obvious that it was serious event.

My wife and I saw straight away that this was serious because it was so bloody obvious.

I've seen something similar several times in Judo when someone has been injured and a whole dojo has turned to face the walls to give the injured person a bit of privacy. Not quite the same thing but then the injuries were fractures and dislocations which were in no way life threatening.

I can't help feeling if his teammates had stood about somewhere else on the pitch someone else would be moaning about the lack of sportsmanship, prioritising the win over their teammate's health or even accusing them of faking CPR to get tactics passed down from the manager.

As long as they weren't getting in the way of the medical staff I don't see the issue. If it was me on the floor I'd rather have my teammates clustered around me than halfway down the pitch.

If you are not directly helping the casualty - move away.
There are other important things to be done.

Usually you have to keep going with what you have left.

From my post you quoted - "As long as they weren't getting in the way of the medical staff I don't see the issue."

I'll leave it there as it's just going to continue in circles.

You are way off on your assumption mate. You don't give CPR to someone for nothing. He was also zapped with a defib kit. The captain was switched on and made sure Ericsen didn't swallow his tongue. He also told his team mates to make a ring around him because it was obvious that it was serious event.

My wife and I saw straight away that this was serious because it was so bloody obvious.

My assessment of his medical needs was not the point - I don't and probably no-one here yet knows what his actual condition is.

You say he told his team to make a circle around him ?
I had not heard that - but, if so, will wind my neck in.

My assessment of his medical needs was not the point - I don't and probably no-one here yet knows what his actual condition is.

You say he told his team to make a circle around him ?
I had not heard that - but, if so, will wind my neck in.

The diagnosis is clear, he’s proper fücked.

Usually you have to keep going with what you have left.
It seemed fairly obvious to me and I would have thought most people that his teams mates formed a barrier around him to give him some privacy from the prying eyes of the media (television cameras & long lens photo journalists) as well as the crowd with their camera phones, whilst he was receiving emergency life-saving medical treatment.

Ritch

LE
That is 32 years more of life happening to you -

Do you want a medal?

I don't care if you're 30 or 90, you're coming off as a wholesome prick and everyone on this thread seems to have the same opinion.

Muppet.

Do you want a medal?

I don't care if you're 30 or 90, you're coming off as a wholesome prick and everyone on this thread seems to have the same opinion.

Muppet.
I'm not sure I'd go that far. While I don't agree with @medwaymud he has argued his point sensibly and engaged with other people. Compared to some of the deranged shit-flinging on other threads this has been a model of reasoned argument.

Right, I've finished being a patronising twat.

If it was on the high street in any city he'd be twitching his last surrounded by vultures filming it on their phones.

As it is, the players seem to have made an effort to give the response team some privacy while they worked, shielded from the phone vultures.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
What was the BBC thinking off by showing cpr and his wife crying????

Good to hear he's on the mend
They were simply taking the broadcaster's feed,

Should have cut back to the studio, but **** nose what they would have been saying.