Christian Eriksen collapses

Seen.
Mrs is an expert in the field of essentially bringing people back after things like this.
She was watching.. After my mad yelling at her.. It does not look good for him.. I hope they've managed to get him back and get him to intensive care.. Fingers crossed.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm an expert at getting people back too. From what I can tell, it looks grim, but there may be hope.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Seen.
Mrs is an expert in the field of essentially bringing people back after things like this.
She was watching.. After my mad yelling at her.. It does not look good for him.. I hope they've managed to get him back and get him to intensive care.. Fingers crossed.
Your mrs is indeed very experienced. I wont go on about my level of experience but ALS for some decades and anaesthetic experience. I didnt see any defib or intubation, but that wouldnt be shown on tV. CPR is not over until its over.

Your mrs is indeed very experienced. I wont go on about my level of experience but ALS for some decades and anaesthetic experience. I didnt see any defib or intubation, but that wouldnt be shown on tV. CPR is not over until its over.
They'll keep working on him until there's no hope, then they'll keep on just in case there's the tiniest glimmer of hope that they can save him.

I get a phone call from swmbo sometimes asking me can I get her a bottle of wine... I know she's lost someone that day despite her best efforts... :(

IIRC, there was a very similar incident with Fabrice Muamba(sp?)who suffered a massive heart attack on the pitch but eventually made a full recovery.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
They'll keep working on him until there's no hope, then they'll keep on just in case there's the tiniest glimmer of hope that they can save him.

I get a phone call from swmbo sometimes asking me can I get her a bottle of wine... I know she's lost someone that day despite her best efforts... :(
I know that feeling, the adrenalin rush that wont go away for hours, the what ifs that go through your mind.

he's been taken to hospital and stabilised

tweet from UEFA.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
IIRC, there was a very similar incident with Fabrice Muamba(sp?)who suffered a massive heart attack on the pitch but eventually made a full recovery.
Not full, he was incapacitated and career ended, but he did live. One thing encouraging is that sportsmen have strong constitutions so can stand up to repeated cycles of CPR where others could not.

All the best to him, I hope he pulls through.

198781487_10226608384340511_5831948708716544316_n.jpg

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Statement from UEFA says stabilised...... very encouraging

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
There are other possibilities than a cardiac event.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Awake and responding sounds good.

Latest Threads