Christian Cross offensive say Coronation Street

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Krankenschwester, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Par for the course in dumbed down Britain.

Must kow-tow to the ethnics at every turn..............

2. Whilst we're on the subject of Corrie has anyone noticed the picture of Peter Barlow on his sideboard of him wearing the cap of a US Naval Officer? I thought he had served as a chef in the RN. I suppose it's possible - US Naval Officer with Manc accent to Bookie in Weatherfield.

Just like Jim McDonald was a Sgt in the RE.

I'm off to take my medication.

3. How is it possible for the cross to be thought offensive?? It is an accepted symbol in Christian, Jewish and Muslim faiths (with apologies to the other major religions of the world - I don't mean to leave you out, it's just that you don't get as unecessarily upset about these things as everyone else ;-) )

The world is going mad......a classic example of people not really knowing what they are being "pc" about and jumping on the bandwagon in an attempt to curry favour and be "seen" to be "doing the right thing".

Can a girlie harrumph, rustle the papers and sink back into the leather armchair? If so, consider it done!

(....yes, yes...probably too many quotation marks, but you do understand what I mean! :) )

4. Well I find the Christian cross extremely offensive. Unless its turned upside down of course...

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think they had me in mind when they said it was offensive - all religious forms of talisman give me the sh!ts.

6. Oh dear, does someone think that Coronation Street has some sort of consequence in life?

7. Ironic - when it is 'Coronation Street' itself that is offensive.

8. I'm just waiting for Richard Dawkins to do a cameo appearance so that I can be absolutely OUTRAGED! :THREATEN:

10. Really? Is that why "break the crosses" used to be (and probably still is) a popular rallying cry in that fine religion? To be fair, though, there's nothing to suggest that Muslims or any other 'ethnics' were involved in this particular nonsense, just the usual spineless, lefty, arty Brit throbbers.

More to the point, any grown man found watching Coronation Street (or EastEnders, for that matter) should be given a warm hug, a large ice cream and a fat red balloon. And then crucified.

11. This is why being an Atheist is fantastically good for your blood pressure. Once you realise that it is all nonsense then the sight of a cross, star of David, star and crescent or anything else is about as likely to incite anger as seeing a stuffed teddy bear, piece of toast or small owl.

12. I'm scared of teddy bears...............

13. "So 'ere's to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in the Soudan"

14. Congratulations on the spot - but you didn't say 'and I claim my five pounds'. Not to worry, I will send you a signed copy of the Jyllands-Posten newspaper cartoon strip as you were so quick.