Christian Around Britain

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by dingerr, Feb 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not many efforts cause me raise a post, in fact this is the first, but it is pretty amazing and struck a chord due to the extent of the challenge and time it will take to complete.

Christian is attempting to walk around Britain, 6500 miles, it will take 18 months. He'll be sleeping rough. It is in aid of H4H and to highlight the plight of homeless ex-soldiers.

You can support Christian, if you wish, by going to the support page I have linked above. It's not just cash, but support as he navigates the coastline.

(Just look on it as an extended cake walk - without the cake - and not so many people).
  2. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

He's currently in South East kent near Folkestone, so hopefully I can buy him a beer or two in the next few days when he passes through my way.
  3. Is he going clockwise or anti-clockwise?
  4. diplomat

5. So I missed him then? I'm near Rye East Sussex!
  6. diplomat

Afraid so. He was there a couple of days ago. He is in Folkestone today I believe.

He has a Facebook Support page:

He also has a Google Map page which shows where he is and where support is offered to him. A long URL I am afraid:

I think he deserves the full support of ARRSE. So please report often as he has another 18 months to go!!!
  7. I'll donate when I'm sober.

8. so- you wont be giving then !!
    • Like Like x 2

9. You are Major Benjy and I claim my £5 pounds! major_benjy_on_location.jpg Regards to Mapp.

Sorry for the minor crayoning Good luck to the lad. Nowhere near the coast so I will send on fiver to H4H.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ps - ill chip in a few quid when talk talk finally give me full access to the interweb !!
  11. Mark Hollis is stopping you having full access to the internet??!
  12. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I thought it would be worthwhile making this a sticky for a while! Good luck Christian
  13. diplomat

Thank you
  14. diplomat

15. diplomat

Day 231 Iwade to Sheerness. We were awake at about 08:30 packed our kit and drove to a nearby roadside breakfast bar, as Dean and Bob had spoke to their Dad Darrell who owns it to do us a breakfast roll each. After breakfast we dropped the car back off at The Woolpack in Iwade then set off. It was another cold morning and I hoped it wouldn't rain because I was worried about Janine. We crossed the bridge over on to the Isle of Sheppey and around to Rushenden through Queensborough and onto Sheerness. We had a look around before carrying on to the Leisure Centre to meet up with Jade who we'd met the night before. When we arrived she made us a brew and gave Lewis from the local paper a ring. Lewis turned up and I did an interview with him. We thanked Jade and popped to a pub. We stayed there for an hour or so then went to a different place that did food. We went to The Royal Hotel, I beat Janine at every game of darts, we had tea and then watched the football. I got chatting to Dave the owner who invited us back in the morning for breakfast. After the game I had spotted a decent bit of grassy area outside the leisure centre to pitch up Janine's tent. It didn't take long to put up and we climbed in for a relatively early night. Thanks for reading xxx