Chris Thrall

Has anyone read any of Chris Thrall books about his time in the RM . I've no doubt he was a marine but he mentions doing milling ! Have any Royals done that ? Also goes on about the odd snake in the smartie tubes on the endurance course and how he was an elite SF commando! Listened to one of his podcasts and he seems a bit bonkers. Anyone know much about him!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
may I be the first to state that "He's gen"? despite having no knowledge of the man

Other than listening to some of the podcasts, I can only assume he's gen as he get's lots of ex-RMs & SBS on who happily chat away with him.

Has anyone read any of Chris Thrall books about his time in the RM . I've no doubt he was a marine but he mentions doing milling ! Have any Royals done that ? Also goes on about the odd snake in the smartie tubes on the endurance course and how he was an elite SF commando! Listened to one of his podcasts and he seems a bit bonkers. Anyone know much about him!
What’s the issue with milling? Perhaps he is just borrowing the word as it sound more ally than unarmed combat?

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
I watched a few of his vodcast things on YT. He has some interesting guests but seems to have disappeared down the US right wing conspiraloon avenue in recent weeks. I have no doubts he was RM but after a few watches it seems that some of his post-military experiences have taken a bit of a toll on him.

I watched a few of his vodcast things on YT. He has some interesting guests but seems to have disappeared down the US right wing conspiraloon avenue in recent weeks. I have no doubts he was RM but after a few watches it seems that some of his post-military experiences have taken a bit of a toll on him.

I've watched quite a few of the YT vids, but not for him. His guests are usually quite engaging.

I think his interviewing style is, quite frankly, dull and uninspiring. It amazes me he's a 'motivational speaker'

I found this one quite interesting

Whats your beef then? I find that whilst many of his guests are (unsuprisingly given his background) RM leaning, they are in the main, a very interesting and diverse group to listen too.

Has James Shortt ever been a guest on one of his videos?

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
Whats your beef then? I find that whilst many of his guests are (unsuprisingly given his background) RM leaning, they are in the main, a very interesting and diverse group to listen too.

His guests are excellent, but he's the weak link in the piece. Rambling, crap questions, pulling it back to his own experiences (which aren't really comparable) and the sense he's just itching to go off on another 'I don't do politics, but here's a load of conspiracy theories' guff.

Case in point:

Yeah I have no doubt he's genuine I quite fancied reading his book state of mind about his back to back marathons. Think it was his podcast that was putting me off I might have just picked the wrong one. He had a bloke called Charlie ward on it going about Nesara and Gesera and how he was privy to secret intelligence about the deep state etc.

What’s the issue with milling? Perhaps he is just borrowing the word as it sound more ally than unarmed combat?
The longest 3 min....if it goes the full length and totally knackering controlled aggression. I will never forget mine nor do others.

Latest Threads