Chris Ryans "Strike Back", Sky HD

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Fugly, May 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I've just watched the first two instalments of this. I was awaiting it with some trepidation, but I was pleasantly entertained.

Apart from a few obvious bits of "theatrical licence", and costume errors like his service dress appearing in several different layouts and being scruffy as fuck each time (I'm refering to his No 2's here, not his desert and other rig for the pedants and civilians), I thought it was very well put together and am looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Anyone else?

2. I thought the same and whats with the mix of US and UK combats and the use of US helmets? Looking forward to the next one though.

3. Not a bad program but done the wifes head in picking all the faults with dress and kit.

4. she must be remarkably knowledgeable on things military. ;P

D_B

5. I agree, very watchable. Chris Ryan has quite an imagination.

6. My bold - I'd like to think it was more the team who write under that name :desertsoldier:

7. I was picking fault with her dress and kit mate :D

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Sky plussed the first foue episodes & watching the first one now,pleasently suprised how good it is so far.

9. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

See my comments about "Chris Ryan" (the team - the bloke is actually okay - for a Geordie) on the Book thread under "What's the worst book you ever read?" or some such thread. I nominated Greed.

Somebody had clearly written the load of sh!te and given it to him to proof read. He had clearly pointed out to them that this was the jurisdiction of MI6, not MI5 and told them to globally change MI5 to MI6, only for them (no, not "them") not to also globally change the more familiar "Five" to "Six" when referred (frequently) in speech.

Believe me, that was only one small issue. It was dreadful. Strike Back is so-o-o much better and I am happy enough to watch it.