Chris Philips RIP

Only just seen this in the latest Crafty.

Sad news that Chris lost his fight with cancer at the age of 36.

I served with Chris in Lemgo on our first posting and we had some good times together.

He then spent then majority of his career in NI.

For those that never met Chris, he was a great character, a very talented footballer and the best sparky I have served with...

What can I say, what a sad sad loss and my thoughts are with his family.

RIP my friend

Why do the good always die young..............

I also knew chris from our SMC and on a tour of NI. A really nice fella and one who whilst on our SMC would be the last man standing in the NAAFI and still pick up the stretcher as though he'd had a 2 day rest.

RIP Fella

Absolutely gutted, served with Chris and he was a genuinely nice bloke and an awesome laugh on the town.

All the best mucker.

I too had the privelidge, and pleasure of knowing Chris while at Lemgo. His was a character that was truly irrepressible.

RIP

Tiffy_A_Mech said:
Only just seen this in the latest Crafty.

Sad news that Chris lost his fight with cancer at the age of 36.

I served with Chris in Lemgo on our first posting and we had some good times together.

He then spent then majority of his career in NI.

For those that never met Chris, he was a great character, a very talented footballer and the best sparky I have served with...

What can I say, what a sad sad loss and my thoughts are with his family.

RIP my friend

Why do the good always die young..............
F**k. An absolute gem of a bloke, painted several town's red with Chris. A sad loss.

RIP Chris mate
knew him in NI,top bloke :cry:

Condolences to family and friends

RIP Chris take it easy bud

Have just seen this string on the FORUM and I know Chris's widow. Will send her a link to this page as I'm sure she will appreciate it. RIP

I too had the honour of knowing Chris, at 2 CS Wksp in Gutersloh in 94/95. An unrivalled sparky, talanted footballer, but most importantly, a top bloke and a real morale fuelling character.

Deepest sympathy and condolences to his family.