Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Packham's annual attack on grouse shooting

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
When I have a brother who can drive the 100+ miles to deliver it for me, for free?

No thanks - Big Brother can do my bidding for once.
It's the equivalent of a free supermarket, far different from dropping and dressing the bok yourself.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Perhaps your right, suggestions to what the thread should be titled? - ‘how to fuck up the country when you know nothing about it and live in the town‘ or.........
Isn't that the title of the Labour Party manifesto ?

Well a wee update on the current state of affairs in Scotland, Grouse moors are now to be licensed once relevant legislation is passed

So a lot of the money wasted on the Werrity review which the antis weren’t happy with the result has been shelved for political gain over science.

Wild Justice (twats), are now challenging
pheasant/partridge release in Scotland; knowing how malleable the SNP who require to vote with the greens to keep power are when they smell blood against what the see as a toffs sport they may well succeed.

And finally with a temporary ban on trail hunting on several sites in England due to anti’s infiltrating a webinar I’m sure the next step will be to again go after driving foxes to standing guns with hounds in Scotland as a legal method of vermin/predator control. Just another cut to reduce the viability of a productive moor.

I feel this is the tip of the iceberg and if any Scottish people who shoot/stalk are stupid enough to vote SNP in time they can kiss goodbye to that as well when, if they can get away with it, it will be contracted out at vast expense which will please the incumbent Scottish Government as they can significantly reduce private firearm ownership (another goal they have).

I suspect that my boys won’t have the same opportunities I’ve had should they be interested in field sports in the years to come.

Last edited:

Doc1701

War Hero
[...]

I feel this is the tip of the iceberg and if any Scottish people who shoot/stalk are stupid enough to vote SNP in time they can kiss goodbye to that as well when, if they can get away with it, it will be contracted out at vast expense which will please the incumbent Scottish Government as they can significantly reduce private firearm ownership (another goal they have).

I suspect that my boys won’t have the same opportunities I’ve had should they be interested in field sports in the years to come.
The only way out of this is to give the Scottish Parliament complete responsibility for their own taxation and spending, and abolish the funding of Scotland from England entirely. At this point we also need to point out that the Bank of England will not be underwriting Scottish debt. Then all we need to do is sit back and watch the SNP go on a spending spree, then discover that enormous levels of debt are something of a handicap to one's spending power...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The only way out of this is to give the Scottish Parliament complete responsibility for their own taxation and spending, and abolish the funding of Scotland from England entirely. At this point we also need to point out that the Bank of England will not be underwriting Scottish debt. Then all we need to do is sit back and watch the SNP go on a spending spree, then discover that enormous levels of debt are something of a handicap to one's spending power...
Exactly why they persuaded England into a Union all those years ago. Darien debts repaid by the wicked English.

And now?
Oh Dad, you know we left home in a teenage tantrum? Well we still want to access your credit card whenever we need it!

Last edited:
The only reason there is a Scottish Parliament, which I think is a complete waste of money, is because Labour saw it as a way to keep the political control they once had and thought they would never lose north of the border, this in turn would increase their chances of remaining in National Government - didn’t exactly work out for them though.

As a point of note - unfortunately they do have powers over tax and spending, something I’m often reminded of when I look at my pay statement to find I pay 1% more tax than those south of the border.

The only reason there is a Scottish Parliament, which I think is a complete waste of money, is because Labour saw it as a way to keep the political control they once had and thought they would never lose north of the border, this in turn would increase their chances of remaining in National Government - didn’t exactly work out for them though.
I heard they also arranged things so the SNP would not manage to win at elections, that too didn't work out.
As a point of note - unfortunately they do have powers over tax and spending, something I’m often reminded of when I look at my pay statement to find I pay 1% more tax than those south of the border.
The plan on my retiring was to flog our modest house here, and buy a but ' ben in the highlands. We would then be roughly £100,00 more in the pension pot. Things changed and I was disappointed with the thought of not having that extra money. Then the nats got in. I can assure you, as a tight Scot, I have never been so glad as to dip out on missing out on that amount of money.

I still can't get my head round the Jock political machinations where / when in the last very few years our jock pals have voted a) remain part of UK
and
b) All (bar 1) of seats in the Commons at the last election were returned SNP.

I mean Wtf ?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I still can't get my head round the Jock political machinations where / when in the last very few years our jock pals have voted a) remain part of UK
and

I mean Wtf ?
Propaganda, brainwashing of children, baby boxes, roadsigns, Police Scotland , constant whingeing about 'grievances', adopting the Scottish flag to mean SNP, pretending to talk for the whole of Scotland, a compliant press who doesn't question anything they say. It's easy...

And now, withholding legal documents requested by the Salmond trial. Not being reported in England or Scotland by the impartial UK national broadcaster.

I heard they also arranged things so the SNP would not manage to win at elections, that too didn't work out.

The plan on my retiring was to flog our modest house here, and buy a but ' ben in the highlands. We would then be roughly £100,00 more in the pension pot. Things changed and I was disappointed with the thought of not having that extra money. Then the nats got in. I can assure you, as a tight Scot, I have never been so glad as to dip out on missing out on that amount of money.
Your lucky as their incompetence is staggering. If my personal circumstances were different I would have cut and run years ago.

Propaganda, brainwashing of children, baby boxes, roadsigns, Police Scotland , constant whingeing about 'grievances', adopting the Scottish flag to mean SNP, pretending to talk for the whole of Scotland, a compliant press who doesn't question anything they say. It's easy...

And now, withholding legal documents requested by the Salmond trial. Not being reported in England or Scotland by the impartial UK national broadcaster.

When this covid shit is over can we go out for a beer sometime ?

( Before you cnuts start, I know Grown up RAF brat is happily married )

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
When this covid shit is over can we go out for a beer sometime ?

( Before you cnuts start, I know Grown up RAF brat is happily married )
Just want to try a Salmond move ?

and

I mean Wtf ?
See Grownup_Rafbrat I've quoted, plus*

*Unlike the north of England, my fellow Scots cannot bring themselves to vote for the Tories. They took an even bigger dislike to them after Maggie was in charge. Under bliar, and new labour, the labour party of old was unrecognisable. The only party left is the gnats. Labour won't be let off the hook any time soon either. They have long memories up there. Hell, some people still hold a grudge from the Glencoe massacre, and that was in 1692!!
Apologies for drift.

and

I mean Wtf ?

It's called..................Irony ! :mrgreen:

I have always wondered if given the vote as well how many English voters would vote for cutting Scotland loose.

*Unlike the north of England, my fellow Scots cannot bring themselves to vote for the Tories. They took an even bigger dislike to them after Maggie was in charge. Under bliar, and new labour, the labour party of old was unrecognisable. The only party left is the gnats. Labour won't be let off the hook any time soon either. They have long memories up there. Hell, some people still hold a grudge from the Glencoe massacre, and that was in 1692!!
Apologies for drift.

And...the joke is,Scotland exists financially because of the Barnett Formula. Supposedly a stop gap measure but, kept in use by...The Tories. First under Thatcher,then Major, Blair and Broon kept it going. Still being used but, the Treasury can kick it into touch at any time as,it has no legal standing and is just a convention !

Chef

LE
I have always wondered if given the vote as well how many English voters would vote for cutting Scotland loose.
Why do you think the rest of the UK isn't involved?

England would vote for Scotland out to save some money from going too far north, the Welsh would vote for leave on the off chance that some of the Barnett cash would come their way.

If that happened the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Scotch would threaten the hearing of citizens in Carlisle.

Apologies for drift.
Don't they have a special sporran for keeping grudges in?

Latest Threads