Chris L*****n-J***s - AKA Andy McNab

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by napier, Mar 31, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Just listened to Radio 4's 'Open Country' and heard a recently retired major banging on about the joy of returning to the simple pleasures of the countryside after: being blown up in Cambodia / leading the Divisional charge in GW 1 / jumping out of planes / sneaking out of submarines.. and so on. Now he's either seriously blade-y, in which case where's the book, or he's been telling a few tall tales down at the Slaughtered Lamb. Anyone know this guy?

2. "LJ" as he is known was my DS on JDSC and also was out on Saif Sareea with him.

He is a top bloke (no Walter Mitty) and wrote the doctrine on stay behind OPs and other sorts of stuff. Hilarious with a very dry sense of humour an all round good egg.

As is obvious, he is out now and does consultation stuff.

Hope to have cleared some mystery away.

3. Isnt he a gunner?

Its not Mc Stab :roll:

4. Yes

5. Yes Para/commando

6. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Thanks for clearing that one up.

7. He was my DS on JDSC. Thought he was a twat at first but turned out to be a top bloke, wicked sense of humour and good on the p*ss. However I still havent forgiven him for for calling the Combat Estimate I'd spent the last 12 hours on "utter crap". As i remember he was into chasing fox's around on horse back. Hopefully we'll meet again across my riot shield and I can DS him in the finer arts of removing my ASP from his arse.

8. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/03/18/nhunt118.xml

didn't know army regiments each had their own hunt :eek:
    Amazing what you can learn from google

9. I thinks its only the RA who have their own hunt (foxhounds)... the others are named after areas - as are the Army Beagles - e.g., Shrivenham, Bovington, Catterick

10. A top man (given that he was once a gunner). Organises the sponsorship and runs the RA Hunt Point-to-Points. Had lunch with him earlier this year!

11. Chris L*****n-J***s ain't McNabb to reinforce what was said previously

12. Most decent regiments had hunts once upon a day.

13. Schlink's all right. He was once an acting/local/unpaid/unwanted LBdr and before that he was a long haired hippy from Bideford. Take the piss but don't give him too much serious grief.

14. So if not a blade, was he a NGO with 148 Bty then?