Chris Kenna

MissingOTC

War Hero
Unsure if anyone has come across this guy but suspect not. I work in the digital media industry (I know,I know, deserve all the abuse) Now this guy runs a company called Brand Advance, He treats his employees like shit, and the Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves. Plays the diversity card in order to get cash out of brands who want to be seen as edgy. No of course nothing illegal about all of this. What surprised me is he constantly talks about SF and "being blown up in Iraq" to clients and at speaking events. I asked him about it once and he changed the subject quickly. Could all be true of course but a part of me suspects he is using a fake armed forces experiance for financial gain.

Unsure if anyone has come across this guy but suspect not. I work in the digital media industry (I know,I know, deserve all the abuse) Now this guy runs a company called Brand Advance, He treats his employees like shit, and the Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves. Plays the diversity card in order to get cash out of brands who want to be seen as edgy. No of course nothing illegal about all of this. What surprised me is he constantly talks about SF and "being blown up in Iraq" to clients and at speaking events. I asked him about it once and he changed the subject quickly. Could all be true of course but a part of me suspects he is using a fake armed forces experiance for financial gain.

A quick look shows the company is all about diversity, it’s hardly playing the diversity card.

You’re going to need more than that to start the outrage bus. From what you’ve posted it seems more like you’re just bad mouthing the competition.

Poppy

LE
well according to his linked in he served with 18 Sigs - served in the army 1999-2006

endure

GCM
I see they've got one of those enormously annoying websites with lots of big moving graphics and very little information. If I want to see moving pictures I'll watch a movie. If I browse a website I want info.

MissingOTC

War Hero
well according to his linked in he served with 18 Sigs - served in the army 1999-2006

Yeah, this is what I am unsure about. I think he may well of done service and credit to him for that, but has literally been in client meetings mentioning time in SF, being blown up and being put in a coma. It was the casualness with how he mentioned it, just seemed odd but than maybe he did. As with many of these cases, a small part of me is concerned he could be genuine and I am just being a cynical c**t.

Ive just googled him,

He's in his late thirties and wears a baseball cap backwards, he's just asking for a slap.

Therefore there is a good chance that someone on here will know him/know of him to assuage any potential waltery.

MissingOTC

War Hero
Therefore there is a good chance that someone on here will know him/know of him to assuage any potential waltery.

Thats what I was hoping for, in all honesty part of me hopes I am wrong, but if I am right he has fooled most of the entire digital industry, probably (correctly) assuming vast majority of us have never been near a uniform

Poppy

LE
Thats what I was hoping for, in all honesty part of me hopes I am wrong, but if I am right he has fooled most of the entire digital industry, probably (correctly) assuming vast majority of us have never been near a uniform

I expect he's just exaggerating a little (or a lot......) - as he moves in veteran charity circles he would be aware some people may check up on his stories

I expect he's just exaggerating a little (or a lot......) - as he moves in veteran charity circles he would be aware some people may check up on his stories
Exaggerating on which point(s)?

His being ex 18 Sigs, involved in a blast, being gay or being black?

MissingOTC

War Hero
Exaggerating on which point(s)?

His being ex 18 Sigs, involved in a blast, being gay or being black?

Well in all honesty I think he has the black and gay thing firmly covered off, or doing a great impression, just the whole blast and ex SF thing seemed off, but yes, I guess this is just embellishing a service record as opposed to pure Walting....

Well in all honesty I think he has the black and gay thing firmly covered off, or doing a great impression, just the whole blast and ex SF thing seemed off, but yes, I guess this is just embellishing a service record as opposed to pure Walting....

Is he saying he’s ex SF or worked with SF?

Latest Threads