• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Chris Huhne trial reporting restrictions to be lifted - Guido

Trial proper starts on Monday:

Guido’s counsel has just got back to us following our application to lift reporting restrictions in the Chris Huhne case – currently we are unable to report anything other than the bare bones of the case – the “not guilty” plea from Huhne and that the trial proper starts Monday.

We argued that we should be free to report the proceedings and tweet from the trial starting Monday. The CPS told the Court they had no problem with reporting restrictions being lifted. The position now is that unless the defendants object on Monday, reporting restrictions will be lifted. If they do object, we will fight them…
Many thanks to Donal Blaney at Griffin Law and Matt Richardson (with junior counsel Kabir Sondhi) at Henderson Chambers for successfully representing Guido, again…
Exclusive: Huhne Trial Reporting Restrictions Will Be Lifted - Guy Fawkes' blog

Do think the Gov will continue 'Interfering' in this trail.
It's been delayed so long.
Justice ! my arrse.

john
Read The Rule of Law by Tom Bingham

Lets hope the sentencing judge takes full account of his denials and the merry dance he has led the British justice system on.

2 years sounds about right and showertime with buba.....

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Lets hope the sentencing judge takes full account of his denials and the merry dance he has led the British justice system on.

2 years sounds about right and showertime with buba.....
The question is how long the sentence is. Over a year he loses his seat; under a year he keeps it.

BBC News - Ditch plans for power to sack MPs, government urged

Under current rules, if an MP receives a prison sentence of more than 12 months, they automatically lose their seat.
Sadly I fear the little shit will only get a 6 month sentence and continue drawing his salary while in prison.

Wordsmith

I can feel a song coming on:

As recorded by HENRY HALL with VAL ROSING:

(Hip-hooray, Hip-hooray)
(The sun has got his hat on, hip-hip-hip-hooray)
(The sun has got his hat on and he's coming out today)

(Orchestral Interlude)

The sun has got his hat on, hip-hip-hip-hooray
The sun has got his hat on and he's coming out today
Now we'll all be happy, hip-hip-hip-hooray

He's been tanning niggers out in Timbuktu
Now he's coming back to do the same to you
So jump into your sunbath, hip-hip-hip-hooray

Never saw the grass so greener
Never saw the sky serener
What a lot of fun for everyone
Sitting in the sun all day

All the little boys excited
All the little girls delighted
What a lot of fun for everyone

(The sun has got his hat on, hip-hip-hip-hooray)
(The sun has got his hat on and he's coming out today)

All the little birds are singin
Canterbury bells are ringing
Pussy on the tiles is wreathed in smiles
(Hip-Hip-Hooray!)

A final desperate attempt at damage limitation - no doubt strongly advised by his barrister.
I can't see any way back from his Guilty plea. Damage limitation may have an impact on the length of his custodial sentence, but as far as his Political career is concerned, this should be Endex with a capital E. What a shame, as he brought untold quality to the cabinet (snigger).
Turning out to be a memorable day, what with the breaking news from Leicester University as well. I may have a Richard the Third in celebration.

Turning out to be a memorable day, what with the breaking news from Leicester University as well. I may have a Richard the Third in celebration.
I was impressed to see on tv ( licence paid of course) an American accented gent in receipt of a DNA swab to affirm the find's authenticity. That's some detective work on someone's part to link this gent with Richard the Third.

Latest Threads