Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Chris Evans an Irritating T*at?

Simon Mayo on his own Drive Time Show was good, can't stand Jo Willie. Never heard such a brown nosing woman in my whole as her. Every time she had a young girl singer on her show, who couldn't sing to save her life, Willie would witter on as if she was next best thing. If she were to leave, wouldn't brake my heart.

Looks like its Ken Bruce is my last reason to listen now.
BBC Radio has almost reached the stage where it has given up on the over 50 demographic in order to pander to the ‘yoof’. Radio 2 is now Radio 1 Mark 2, Radio 5 Live has lost most of its serious presenters (have you listened to the afternoon slots recently?) and even Radio 4 is unlistenable due to its constant virtue signalling.
I find myself playing my CDs more and more when on the road and only tuning in for the news headlines. Why don’t they just euthanise the lot of us and be done with it! :smile:

Simon Mayo is leaving and irritating twat Whiley is taking over

BBC - Simon Mayo to leave BBC Radio 2 - Media Centre

Jo Whiley is indeed a grade 1 twat......the biggest name-dropper going and obsessed with fecking festivals. Every time that Simon Mayo mentioned anyone remotely famous she would jump down his throat with “oh, have you met him/her?”...and then go on and on about the time that she had met them. If l had a £ for every time l heard her ask someone in an interview “so, what’s it like to play the pyramid stage at Glastonbury?” I could retire. :pissedoff:

Drivetime used to be a bit of fun, really good to drive to, then it changed into something I can use to put the kids to sleep with. half an hour of that and they are out - though I almost put my daughter in to a coma when I left the entire show on.

My next door neighbors came back from 6 week trip around Europe raving about a German station called Radio Bob.
It does an internet classic rock and alternative rock show and is bloody excellent, I have just set up my sonos system and Alexa to access it and it now looks as if I shall be binning my radios and getting an extra Sonos for the bedroom and bathroom.
Radio Bob is bloody excellent, great music and the very few adverts and news may even help me learn a bit more German.

I used to be a massive fan of BBC Radio 6, so much so that I have spent a fair bit in the past on digital radios and car DAB. However I will be using play lists and downloaded pod casts in the car from now on. BBC Radio 6 is now infested with Jazz, lefty bollox DJ's and the Black Power thing is not just for a weekend, it is Black Power Season. Fvck that. I love Motown, Soul and some 80's rap, but the BBC virtue signalling makes me sick.

Drivetime used to be a bit of fun, really good to drive to, then it changed into something I can use to put the kids to sleep with. half an hour of that and they are out - though I almost put my daughter in to a coma when I left the entire show on.
On my homeward journey, on the train I'm increasingly dependent on replaying OJ Borg from the graveyard slot between 01:00 and 04:00 the same day, and on CDs for the last leg in my car.

On my homeward journey, on the train I'm increasingly dependent on replaying OJ Borg from the graveyard slot between 01:00 and 04:00 the same day, and on CDs for the last leg in my car.

80gb ipod video for all the music I can find, and a few masonic rituals so I can learn my words.
and some audio books

well actually quite a few audio books