Chris Evans an Irritating T*at?

Big yes!!!! By far the classiest old school DJ around. Just love his banter with Sally Traffic. Sally and him have been taking the pi55 out of each other for years. It started when Walker had the Evening show on two.
He's been at it for well over 50 years. Aye, no politics, no whining and dickhead free. Music radio after 3pm on Sundays, when it's safe to turn R2 on.

Ok, I gave her a chance but the new BBC Radio 2 breakfast show host, Zoe Bollocks, is crap. It's like an audio version of mumsnet, or being stuck on a bus surrounded by WI stalwarts.
Having said that, the current big fundraiser to buy the West side boys some new weapons, Red Nose Day, is also driving me slightly batty. All of the "dancethon" crap and visiting the dancers every 30 seconds was as irritating as Duraglit on my piles. A dance marathon on radio? Ok, I know we once had a ventriloquist on the wireless, but he was a bad one anyway and the rest of a stellar cast made it work, but dancing?
As a former President of a WI, I would like to say we would have been mightily offended to have been compared to the vapid vacuous airhead who now burbles inanely through the Radio 2 Breakfast show.

How did I know you'd be a former WI president.

Oh, and I agree with the rest of your post. :wave:
A lady has to have a range of hobbies. Motorcycling, cars, motorhoming, writing, baking, crafts, music, flower arranging, fundraising and leading campaigning organisations at a local level.

Wittering on and on about inane wibble isn't even on the first ten pages of the list!

A lady has to have a range of hobbies. Motorcycling, cars, motorhoming, writing, baking, crafts, music, flower arranging, fundraising and leading campaigning organisations at a local level.

Wittering on and on about inane wibble isn't even on the first ten pages of the list!
I love Sundays, almost on a par with Friday nights sometimes. Italian again?

He's been at it for well over 50 years. Aye, no politics, no whining and ******** free. Music radio after 3pm on Sundays, when it's safe to turn R2 on.
JW - a true broadcasters broadcaster. Sadly, as he’s white, heterosual and bloody good at what he does, once he does call it a day (fates forbid he shuffles off, he’s not been a well chap), we won’t see his like at the BBC again.

JW - a true broadcasters broadcaster. Sadly, as he’s white, heterosual and bloody good at what he does, once he does call it a day (fates forbid he shuffles off, he’s not been a well chap), we won’t see his like at the BBC again.
Johnnie's seen and done a lot, and he's known a few names in his long career. I've always liked his straight, no nonsense, quiet mature presence and authority. And tbh I don't think it's really 'BBC Radio' any more, just weird.
As a former President of a WI, I would like to say we would have been mightily offended to have been compared to the vapid vacuous airhead who now burbles inanely through the Radio 2 Breakfast show.
Good job you said the Radio 2 Breakfast show, we could have been here all night going through vapid vacuous burbling radio jocks.

He's a biker.!!
But I think the poor buggers had to quit now due to his health problems.
A Harley like this one if iirc; Springer Soft Tail
1552857994327.png

Johnnie Walker sounds better than Pete Dingley; "Sounds of the Seventies with Peter Waters Dingley" doesn't have the same ring to it. Tom Robinson (TRB) did a decent job deputising this past few weeks. In the seventies, a couple of lads in our block used to play Glad to be Gay and nobody gave a toss. The Nolans, Smurfs or that stupid Birdie song were a different matter.

A Harley like this one if iirc; Springer Soft Tail
View attachment 383001
Johnnie Walker sounds better than Pete Dingley; "Sounds of the Seventies with Peter Waters Dingley" doesn't have the same ring to it. Tom Robinson (TRB) did a decent job deputising this past few weeks. In the seventies, a couple of lads in our block used to play Glad to be Gay and nobody gave a toss. The Nolans, Smurfs or that stupid Birdie song were a different matter.
For the last 10 years or so, give or take bouts of illness, JW has ridden BMWs. He buys them from my Bro-in-law's firm, who also service them for him.

He's a good egg in private life, apparently. Nice to the mechanics and staff, generous with time and has a wicked sense of humour.

For the last 10 years or so, give or take bouts of illness, JW has ridden BMWs. He buys them from my Bro-in-law's firm, who also service them for him.

He's a good egg in private life, apparently. Nice to the mechanics and staff, generous with time and has a wicked sense of humour.
Ta. He's a national treasure and one of the Radio Caroline crew. The Harley dit must have been late 80s, a very long time ago but I hope it's true.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My profound apologies for traducing that fine organisation. I am familiar with several members, a fine group of ladies with a wicked - and very earthy - sense of humour. I would rather listen to them than the Ball woman.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My profound apologies for traducing that fine organisation. I am familiar with several members, a fine group of ladies with a wicked - and very earthy - sense of humour. I would rather listen to them than the Ball woman.
I bet you have a copy of her calendar in your man-cave or wherever you disappear to for peace and quiet! :p