Chris Evans an Irritating T*at?

I'm amazed that this thread has run on for 7 years and 52 pages of comments, when the simple, unequivocal and all encompassing answer is "Yes".

Last edited:
Well 6 music is getting switched off for the next couple of months. They are doing their next festival in Liverpool so the whole fvcking station has gone scouse. La this an eh, eh, eh that, constant talk about the RAF Regiment of city's (over rated, useless and believing their own PR).
The 24/7 bullsh1t has already started and the festival of cringe is still a month away. I'd rather listen to a dripping tap than the gash that came out of that city (except from There She Goes, that was good).

Playlists and Absolute radio it is then.

Ta-ra ya cvnts.

Bob Upndown

War Hero
Not to everyone's tastes but Steve Allen on LBC is often a good listen. He's an absolute unashamed queen and much as I am not a fan of sleb culture, listening to him annihilate the likes of Gemma Collins et al in the bitchiest manner makes oi smile at silly o'clock in the morning.

Not to everyone's tastes but Steve Allen on LBC is often a good listen. He's an absolute unashamed queen and much as I am not a fan of sleb culture, listening to him annihilate the likes of Gemma Collins et al in the bitchiest manner makes oi smile at silly o'clock in the morning.
All that old mincer does is sit there and reads the papers out loud for 2 hours each morning or talks about his trip to the shops the day before. Quite compulsive listening though when I'm up that early!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ok, I gave her a chance but the new BBC Radio 2 breakfast show host, Zoe Bollocks, is crap. It's like an audio version of mumsnet, or being stuck on a bus surrounded by WI stalwarts.
Having said that, the current big fundraiser to buy the West side boys some new weapons, Red Nose Day, is also driving me slightly batty. All of the "dancethon" crap and visiting the dancers every 30 seconds was as irritating as Duraglit on my piles. A dance marathon on radio? Ok, I know we once had a ventriloquist on the wireless, but he was a bad one anyway and the rest of a stellar cast made it work, but dancing?

philc

LE
Ok, I gave her a chance but the new BBC Radio 2 breakfast show host, Zoe Bollocks, is crap. It's like an audio version of mumsnet, or being stuck on a bus surrounded by WI stalwarts.
Having said that, the current big fundraiser to buy the West side boys some new weapons, Red Nose Day, is also driving me slightly batty. All of the "dancethon" crap and visiting the dancers every 30 seconds was as irritating as Duraglit on my piles. A dance marathon on radio? Ok, I know we once had a ventriloquist on the wireless, but he was a bad one anyway and the rest of a stellar cast made it work, but dancing?
I gave her a go and it was awful drivel, so turned off. Then I thought maybe I am so old dinosaur that hates woman radio presenters, then it dawn on me I listen to Rock FM and similar stations and they have woman presenters who talk between tracks, tell you stuff and play good music and I dont have an issue with them so its defiantly Zowie bollox Ball.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
She was on about one of her sprogs shitting in a carrier bag in the car the other morning ffs - Shes awful...

Dare I say it? - I'd prefer evans back

By mistake I switched la Ball on, yesterday I think. Sounded like they were doing radio karaoke, apart from the Mumsnet thing. Apparently Drivetime has gone the same mumsie way but I won't be checking any time soon. Different strokes for different folks but they can keep it.

Scala Radio while fringe with a poor app has been pretty good this week. Not sure how Mayo fits in with his shtick but it's a pleasant change and there's been no dull politics and silly japes up to now. I'll listen while it lasts.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If I ever have the wireless on in the car, I fluctuate between Classic FM, local radio - for traffic news -and Ken Bruce occasionally. Mostly I listen to I'm Sorry, I haven't a Clue: on which I am now up to year 23, with sporadic forays back to earlier years, thanks to inefficient sequencing on the usb.

Now I'm back at work, when I've got the chance I've tried listening to Ms Ball. When she used to stand in for other "Jocks", she had to usually go along how that show was formated. I quite enjoyed her standing in, especially standing in for the "Bruce", her efforts on "Popmaster" made me chuckle.
They gave her, her own show, oh dear! It seems to have all gone to pot.
From 05:00 in the morning till 09:30, it's definitely "mumsnet". What with that Feltz woman wittering on about her Grankids and her poxy life, now ZB..... I got no problem with equal opportunities an all that. But I want to listen to music with the odd traffic report thrown in.

Get the Virgin Radio app, or a DAB radio, and you will have him back :)
I listen to him on t'internet bu tit's patchy when travelling.

Good to hear Johnnie Walker back today. Just like old times again, and he's just thanked Tom Robinson whom he's known for 42 years apparently. Best show on the radio by a mile and a huge contrast to the postmodernists.

Good to hear Johnnie Walker back today. Just like old times again, and he's just thanked Tom Robinson whom he's known for 42 years apparently. Best show on the radio by a mile and a huge contrast to the postmodernists.
Big yes!!!! By far the classiest old school DJ around. Just love his banter with Sally Traffic. Sally and him have been taking the pi55 out of each other for years. It started when Walker had the Evening show on two.

Latest Threads