Chris Evans an Irritating T*at?

The whole point about a radio DJ is they are there to play music. The type of music (playlist) is dictated to a certain extent by the radio channel and time of broadcast, although I believe the DJ's do have some input into it.
I do not want to listen to some vacuous "celebrity" waffling on about their homes. families, cars or what they had for tea last night.
Certain times of the day we need the news, weather and travel. Apart from that I want some music and maybe the odd guest or 2.
Wogan was the master. I liked Mayo and Johnny Walker and I still listen to Ken Bruce now and again. I stopped listening to Evans years ago and I have never listened to Zoe Ball. From what I gather, I haven't missed much.

Shortarse?

He's 6 ft 1 inches tall.

Your slagging off a Chris Evans Walt, you dolt! :-D
Well he certainly hunches himself over then when he's in Cranleigh, and It'd be nice to see him not looking so miserable either. Of course though, my views on him won't bother him in the slightest, I sometimes drive by his house at Hascombe and it's a beautiful (and tres expensive) old manor house that shits all over my gaff.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I know someone who works very closely with him and his family and she reports the exact opposite, doesn't have a bad word to say about him.
I used to work with someone who went to school with him. Said he was and always would be an absolute w@nker.

Whatever floats your boat I guess

You undermine this bold statement by then praising St Terry of Wogan.

Had the great man followed your guidance, you likely wouldn't recall his name :-D:thumleft:
If you continued down my post you would have read about vacuous celebrities talking about themselves. Wogans talkie bits were almost all inputs from the listeners, which were invariably funny and or informative. Wogan himself said that if it wasn't for the listeners he would have said very little on air.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Of which he could buy several.

How many could his old (sour grapes?) schoolmate afford?

And, BTW, how much have they done for Children In Need? :-D
I am in two minds. Old schoolmate likely to have a couple of Ferraris and boats by now, being a wheeler dealer banking type. Has also done lots for local charities.

I know that Evans does a lot for military charities, unpublicised, but don't like his shows, his drunken lifestyle or his silly voice, so I don't listen to or watch him. That's about it.

Well he certainly hunches himself over then when he's in Cranleigh, and It'd be nice to see him not looking so miserable either. Of course though, my views on him won't bother him in the slightest, I sometimes drive by his house at Hascombe and it's a beautiful (and tres expensive) old manor house that shits all over my gaff.
Whilst I don't doubt he has more than one house, his main residence is in Windsor. Are you sure you aren't confusing him with someone else?

Apart from all of those who swelled the show's audience after The Blessed Terry passed on the baton, that is . . . .
Not much in the way of other options as has been discussed a wee bit so far.

I had no time for Evans, before he moved to the evening slot, taking over from Johnny Walker.
But, respect where due, he put his hand up and apologised for being a prize one twat. I concede he ran on, but he certainly put his time and energy into CiN.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
. . . is waaay behind him. Marathon runner these days. Changed man.
Yeah. Right. Did you read about what happened on the set of Top Gear?