Chris Evans an Irritating T*at?

However irritating Evans and his team on Radio 2 are, their departure will leave a crater. And somehow the station has managed to haemorrhage talent while it alienates a generation, but that's nothing new in Radio. DJs and listeners 'surf controllers'. BBC Radio's been butchered many times before, but professional DJs aren't top priorities any more. It's the telly on the radio, and that pop political crap they're all so fond of.

Nothing to do with male or female, but some things just don't work. Next to Evans, Sara Cox owned the Breakfast show. Tarbuck is worth two or three airheads who are nowhere near Jo Wiley's level. Still got Johnnie Walker luckily.
Don’t forget good old Ken Bruce.

I have found Classic FM rather restful and calming on my early morning work trips.

You are a Gentleman Of Leisure, whereas I am A Working Man, rising fully one hour before the foolish wench Feltz has finished wittering on R2, Evans has been good company on my commute to work these last several years.

When he goes to Virgin Radio for breakfast, so will I.

And don't get me started on the Beeb's decision to phase out iPlayer radio in favour of a cheapo app that so far has garnered 95% negative reviews in the app store :-(
For reasons I won't go in to, I listen to the radio on my phone whilst in the car, since they've phased out the iPlayer I have just been going to the website and playing the station through that instead of resorting to the app.

Radio 2 - Listen Live - BBC Sounds

If I hear another 'Can you suggest a song title suggested by the following news item blah,blah' Switch off,watch the birds in garden,read a paper.Radio Merseyside drives me nuts in mornings.

Anyone else noticed that since he announced his departure, Simon Mayo and Jo “Filthy Milfy” Whiley are actually quite entertaining as a double act? I’ll be sad when they leave the airways but at least Sarah Cox is a better substitute than Zoe Ball.

Popular as the station is, it's still losing listeners and the Breakfast show has tanked, like Chris Evans. All three were "at a six year low" in October. Chris Evans show drops to six-year low ; and Mr Evans 'decides' to jack it in.

Change is to be expected but it's really all sinking into mediocrity not least because of executives, and 'talent' (?). There are so many better alternatives to BBC radio now.

Radio 2 also notched up its lowest overall figures for six years, with 14.6 million weekly listeners. That's down from 15.4 million at the same time last year.

Popular as the station is, it's still losing listeners and the Breakfast show has tanked, like Chris Evans. All three were "at a six year low" in October. Chris Evans show drops to six-year low ; and Mr Evans 'decides' to jack it in.

Change is to be expected but it's really all sinking into mediocrity not least because of executives, and 'talent' (?). There are so many better alternatives to BBC radio now.
Listening habits are changing too, don’t forget. Younger folk (& some fogies) don’t tie themselves to a programme at a certain time like we used to. If you missed it then, tough! Nowadays you can listen for weeks or even months later to something of your choice. I listen every week to Hancock & The Goons from 60+ years ago. But I don’t listen live, I download it. Same for new shows like Sounds of the Seventies & Eighties (which is great now ooooh Gary Davies does it).