Chris Evans an Irritating T*at?

Was sorry to hear that Mayo is going; he's the least annoying person on BBC radio. But he did warn them and said that the changes upset him and his staff, and listeners. Deaf ears of course and he's probably best out of it.

Looking around for radio stations now, and as @Skunkmiester alluded, BBC Radio 6 is farked. Choices and quality are shrinking but them at auntie know best.

When I can get it, I listen to Sam FM (previously Jack FM) not a massive music selection but they do generally have a bit of fun and I do like it when it all goes wrong, then the emergency broadcast kicks in (with suitable amusing announcements between songs)
it also helps that I know one of the DJs. Its fun to text and email him and see if we can distract him

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I find it pleasant to listen to Heart FM and similar. One really gets to know the songs when you hear them every 17 minutes. The same songs, that is.

As I've said before, I use a USB stick in the car and the one active at present has every single episode of ISIHAC. However, my daughter borrowed my car at the weekend and has moved the said usb and I can't find it and not able to ask her until late this evening. I now empathise with everyone about the paucity of adequate radio stations. My journey to work is only about 14 minutes but I must have tried eleventy nine different stations before putting on a compact disc of Great War Film Themes!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You are in deeper trouble than perhaps you realise . . . . :)
You could be right, however, the theme from 'The Dambusters' blaring out as I weave through phalanxes of cycling students is strangely satisfying.

You could be right, however, the theme from 'The Dambusters' blaring out as I weave through phalanxes of cycling students is strangely satisfying.
Dambusters? Great War?

Somewhat later I think!!

I gave up on R2 a couple of years ago, mainly listening to R4, but I find I'm increasingly listening to podcasts, going through the back catalogues of Motorsport Magazine, The Infinite Monkey Cage and Rutherford and Fry.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dambusters? Great War?

Somewhat later I think!!
No, no, no. Not 'Great War themes, it's Great War themes. The emphasis on the war bit rather than the Great. :D

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dambusters? Great War?

Somewhat later I think!!
After all, if it was 'Great War Themes' I would be bopping along to 'Goodbye Dolly Grey' or 'It's a Long Way to Tickle Mary' and not the theme from 'Attack on the Iron Coast' or 'The Longest Day'.

I never had the intention of listening to the Fearne Cotton show but the trail I have heard for it makes me definitely not want to as it sounds like its several hours on a Sunday of her talking about her kids!

Sad to see Simon Mayo go, I'd (perhaps naively) hoped the powers that be would pay heed to the listeners and move Jo Whiley sideways, still giving her a post with some presence that would fulfil the gender gap, and Simon would go on as before. Well they have done that, pity Simon had to resign before they did.
Having said that, I think Sara Cox will do well in his place. Consolation prize for her not getting the breakfast show, perhaps?

I never had the intention of listening to the Fearne Cotton show but the trail I have heard for it makes me definitely not want to as it sounds like its several hours on a Sunday of her talking about her kids!
That'swhat she turns the Ken Bruce Show into every time she sits in .

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Listen carefully, I will say this only once:

Great themes

from

War movies . . . .
That's what I said. More or less. In my defence, I was driving at the time and couldn't look at the title. And I'm old. And my memory is not what it ..........sorry, what was I saying?

That's what I said. More or less. In my defence, I was driving at the time and couldn't look at the title. And I'm old. And my memory is not what it ..........sorry, what was I saying?
Yes, fine fine fine fine and all that

It's the fact that you had the thing in the car in the first place, where the rest of have an in-car cd library comprising freebie newspaper gizzits of 'driving music' sourced from charity shops, often featuring J Clarkson in the branding . .

Sad to see Simon Mayo go, I'd (perhaps naively) hoped the powers that be would pay heed to the listeners and move Jo Whiley sideways, still giving her a post with some presence that would fulfil the gender gap, and Simon would go on as before. Well they have done that, pity Simon had to resign before they did.
Having said that, I think Sara Cox will do well in his place. Consolation prize for her not getting the breakfast show, perhaps?
Agree with you totally. Well almost totally they should have just dumped Whiley she ruined Drive time.